The ChromaDuMonde 28-R Senior CamAlign Chip Chart with Resolution Trumpets from DSC Labs is a color calibration chart designed for calibrating color with virtually any video camera throughout the world. The chart includes the latest SMPTE 274M (ITU-R BT.709) international colorimetry standards to ensure its compatibility in virtually any country or region. Many video professionals consider calibration charts a necessity for optimizing camera performance and the production value of images.
This chart has been designed with that philosophy in mind and works equally well in engineering or production work. It can be used to evaluate a camera's color matrix and gamma with a waveform/vectorscope. A chart can be particularly useful in reproducing skins tones, as well as custom or difficult colors, such as turquoise, purple, and other colors which occur at prism crossovers. It can also be used to check and adjust cameras on the fly and immediately gauge the effect of any hue changes on surrounding colors. This feature can be especially useful when using "green screens" or other digital special effects. Chart information can also be recorded for use in post-production as a baseline reference. Recording the chart with every scene and setting-change can ensure consistency in all of your work.
The chart generates a precise hexagonal-shaped display for HD, SD, and NTSC television images. Gamma can be set on your camera by using the chart's precise crossed grayscales. Colorimetry can then be set by positioning the chart's 24 color signals in HD vectorscope boxes and intermediate positions. The chart is primarily designed for HD TV use, but calibrated offsets are provided for those who wish to determine the theoretical colorimetric differences between HD and NTSC standards.
All ColorDuMonde charts feature separation between the grayscale and color bars suggested by Steve Lucas, as well as DSC Labs' exclusive watermarked title and serial bar. This model includes six vector colors and eighteen evenly spaced intermediate colors, as well as 11-step crossed grayscales, 100 IRE white & true-black chips, and four skin-tone patches. Additionally, this chart offers hyperbolic resolution trumpets.
- Color Calibration
- Use this practical and versatile chart to perform color calibration and testing to achieve enhanced results with your video camera.
- Worldwide Compatibility
- This chart has been designed to meet international colorimetry standard to ensure its compatibility with virtually all video cameras throughout the world.
- Engineering & Production
- The chart includes a number of options that are equally useful in engineering, production, and post-production work.
- It features separation between grayscale and color bars and an exclusive watermarked title and serial bar.
- Skin-Tone Patches
- The chart also includes skin-tone patches.
- This model offers hyperbolic resolution trumpets.