The JDX Reactor and Phazer Kit from Radial Engineering pairs together the JDX Guitar Amp Direct Box and Phazer Class-A Phrase Adjuster in a kit. The JDX Reactor and Phazer Kit is designed to deliver warmer guitar tones for musicians using a guitar amp-head and speaker-cabinet in various environments such as for studio, stage, rehearsals and more
This kit features a JDX Reactor Guitar Amp Box designed to capture the warmth of an electric guitar amplifier by connecting between the guitar amp head and speaker cabinet. It offers a discrete Class-A circuitry and a transformer-coupled reactive load circuit that captures both the sound from the amp head along with the back electromagnetic impulse from the loudspeaker. A microphone isn't need for this emulation. The signal is then processed via a multi-stage filter to emulate the tone of a 4x12 half stack cabinet.
The Radial Phazer is offered as an analog phase alignment tool that lets you bring two sound sources together so that the fundamentals play in sync. Once in phase, you can combine the direct feed of an amp with a room mic to create richer tones. It employs full-size 100% discreet Class-A electronics. A 0º to 180º phase adjustment is performed with a single knob making it easy to zone-in on the sweet spot. It features a variable low-pass filter that lets you focus the effect in the lower frequency spectrum where phasing is most audible. Both devices offer balanced XLR outputs. A foam fill Zebracase for storage and transportation is also included.
- JDX Amplifier DI Box
- In use, the JDX delivers greater consistency over a typical microphone as irregularities such as mic placement and varying acoustics no longer play the dominant role on stage. Although originally designed for guitar, the JDX has also become a favorite on bass. The clarity and punch in the lower mid range delivers a tone that is reminiscent of an Ampeg SVT connected to an 8x10 cabinet. On guitar it sounds as if you have a Shure SM57 in front of a Marshall half-stack.
- Phazer Class-A Phase Adjuster
- For the more adventurous, a 180º polarity reverse switch accesses the 181º to 360º range and lets you create weird to absurd 'Phazed' tonal textures.
- XLR Outputs
- The JDX has balanced XLR mic level outputs and is designed to connect to a mixer. The Phazer has balanced line level outputs designed to feed the input strip of a console or recording system.
- Circuit Board
- Double-sided for greater durability and full ground plane to reduce radio frequency interference.
- Extra Durable Switches
- With metal outer casings the switches are rated at over 20,000 cycles for added durability.
- Baked Enamel Finish
- Rugged finish is designed to keep your Radial device looking good.
- 14-Guage Steel Construction
- Radial's book-end design protects switches and connectors from abuse while the internal I-beam construction eliminates stress on the PC board. This serves to reduce solder joints from going 'cold' and aims to deliver trouble-free performance for years. A full-bottom no-slip pad provides mechanical and electrical isolation while providing stability.