ATN (American Technologies Network), an established leader in the world of night vision and tactical optical designs, offers many options for the professional, military, law enforcement and discerning user of night vision devices. Their products are designed with diligence and technological advancements that have made them a world leader in providing sporting and tactical optics. Their high quality optical designs are loaded with user friendly features, and offer value and functionality that deserve recognition and merit.
The ATN Aries MK6900-CGTI Crusader Night Vision Riflescope combines three important elements to yield great detection and recognition range in a NVRS; a high-quality intensifier tube, powerful 5x magnification and a fast f/1.4 objective lens.
The MK6900 is compatible with most firearms that are outfitted with a standard Weaver-type mounting system. The housing is designed to withstand the rigors of harsh field-conditions, providing years of reliable service without incident. A powerful 450mW auxiliary IR illuminator is included, for those longer-than-usual shots across great distances.
There are many different variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and the method of calculation varies by manufacturer. The important factors to consider when evaluating any night vision device are the intensifier tube's generation, s/n ratio, level of magnification, specified resolution, along with the clarity & light transmission efficiency of the optical system.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. No matter what, bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
- 90mm f/1.4 Objective lens
- 1/8 MOA precision adjustments
- 450 mW IR illuminator included
- Mounting system is compatible with Weaver rails
- Automatic brightness control compensates for dynamic lighting conditions
- Operating Temperature Range
- -40° to 104° F(-40° to +40° C)
- Red on Green Rangefinding Reticle
- This red-on-green reticle provides rapid target acquisition. It is a standard plex type of configuration with 4 medium-weight posts and fine cross-hairs. To assist the shooter in determining the distance to a target of a known dimension, several hash-marks are placed upon the stadia at the 6 o'clock position.
- Second Generation CGT Intensifier Tube
2nd Generation CGT (Commercial Grade Tube) intensifier tube delivers 45-54 lp/mm of resolution.
Second generation intensifiers are less reliant upon ambient light, produce clearer images with less distortion, and last longer than earlier versions of night vision technology. (FOM < 350)