The 711N Composite Video & Stereo Audio over Twisted Pair (Transmitter) from Comprehensive/Kramer is the transmitter unit of a paired kit that is designed for sending composite video and unbalanced stereo audio signals over twisted-pair cable. The unit accepts a composite video and stereo audio signal, then converts it to a twisted-pair signal and outputs it to the receiver. This solution is well suited for use in educational institutions, broadcast studios, and medical facilities, among many other potential uses.
Other features include a looping input, selectable input signal termination, level (gain) & EQ (peaking) controls, and bandwidth of 85MHz. It offers a general working range of up to 1200', although greater distances may be achieved dependent up on signal resolution and cable type. This device is designed to work with unshielded twisted-pair cable such as CAT5.
This product features Kramer's Power Connect technology, meaning that only one device in the system needs to be connected to an electrical source to power all system units (all units in the system must feature Power Connect technology to use this feature). This unit belongs to the Kramer TOOLS family of products and (3) units can be mounted side by side in 1U of a standard equipment rack by using the separately available RK-3T rack kit.
Note! This unit must be paired with a 712N receiver unit in order to achieve a complete solution.
- Composite Video & Stereo Audio over Twisted-Pair Cable
- This unit is part of a paired system designed to transport a composite video and unbalanced stereo audio signal over twisted-pair cable.
- The solution supports data throughput of up to 85MHz.
- The kit offers a range of up to 1200'.
- This unit can be powered with the included power supply or via another unit in a larger system that features Power Connect technology and is connected to a power source.
- Standalone or Rackmount
- Use this unit as a standalone solution or place it in your rack by using a separately available rack kit.