The Sony VPL-VW40 is a high definition home theater projector equipped with three SXRD (Silicon Crystal Reflective Display) panels. This technology produces remarkable picture resolution, color and performance.
This remarkable 1080p video projector transforms your living room into a cozy home entertainment center. It's sleek, clean design complements any home ambiance and does not compromise its first-rate delivery. Be prepared to be stopped in your tracks when the spectacular spectrum of colors appears right in front of your eyes.
- SXRD 1920 x 1080p Full HD Panels
- SXRD is a display technology developed by the television engineers at Sony to meet and exceed the demands of a High Definition image at its full 1080 line resolution. It is a 1920 x 1080p panel characterized by several key benefits: full HD resolution, smooth film-like image with minimal screen door effects, high response times (5ms rise and fall), high contrast ratios, and accurate color rendition
- BRAVIA Engine Video Processing System
Sony's BRAVIA Engine full digital video processor provides crisp and clear images. This inclues:
- Digital Noise Reduction Circuits: Reduces block noise and mosquito noise by using pixel-level filtering to reproduce a clean and clear picture.
- Motion Vector Noise Reduction: Reduces just the noise in the video signal for video further reducing unwanted noise and blur artifacts.
- Digital Contrast Enhancer circuit: Improves contrast by enhancing all areas from dark to bright in parallel with texture control providing a three dimensional picture.
- Color Reality signal processing: Enables the expression of all the colors of life in vivid detail for dark and bright scenes. Details in dark areas of the picture are there, just like they are supposed to be.
- Advanced Iris Two
- Sony's Advanced Iris function uses algorithms designed to analyze the histogram of each picture along with nonlinear amplification to dynamically adjust the iris for its optimum opening. The result is a stunningly high contrast ratio of up to 15000:1. Images in bright scenes are crisp and clear and black levels in dark scenes are deep and detailed. A manual adjustment option is also available to fix the iris opening for specific image conditions.
- ARC-F (All Range Crisp Focus) Lens
- A specially developed crisp focus lens was developed to take full advantage of the full 1920 x 1080 HD resolution that the SXRD panel device offers. The lens offers superior resolution and focus.
- RCP (Real Color Processing)
- Real Color Processing allows the user to target specific colors on the picture and fine adjust their color and hue without changing the overall picture. For instance, the color of a strawberry can be fine adjusted without impacting the skin tones. Or the blue in a sky can be adjusted without affecting the color of water. And green grass can be adjusted without influencing the other colors in the picture.
- Ultra Quiet Fan
- The fan efficiently removes heat at a barely noticeable noise spec of 22dB; Obtrusive fan noise is virtually eliminated to allow for flexibility in room placement.