Canon's FS-100 Flash Memory Camcorder (Silver) is a light-weight, go-anywhere camera that is perfect for travel. Slip it in your bag and you're good to go, ready for any once in a lifetime moment that comes your way. Record to removable flash memory SDHC cards (sold separately) for easy uploading of footage to your PC for emailing, printing and sharing on sites such as YouTube, in no time at all.
This camera also features Canon's exclusive 48x Advanced Zoom, which extends the normal 37x optical zoom for an even wider range with virtually no loss of image quality. The DIGIC DVII image processor improves color reproduction in skin tones and dark or bright situations for images that pop. Electronic image stabilization, a 1.07Mp CCD image sensor and a 2.7" widescreen LCD screen round out the great features of the FS-100.
- DIGIC DVII Image Processor
- Your video and still images will look better than ever thanks to improved color reproduction for skin tones and light and dark situations. This processor also reduces image noise with two types of noise reduction for clean, crisp video and stills. There's more, the DIGIC DVII also provides for faster shooting of still images - up to 5 (3.1Mp) images per second.
- Record Directly to SDHC Flash Cards
- Record directly to SDHC flash cards for with the FS-100 for quick and easy uploading to your PC for emailing, printing or sharing on sites like YouTube. And because the camera only records to the removable SDHC cards there are no moving parts, which means faster start up for capturing and replaying your footage in-camera.
- 48x Advanced Zoom
- Canon's 48x Advanced Zoom extends the power of the 37x optical zoom for the longest Zoom available from the company. What's even better is that there is no loss of image quality, leaving you with clear, accurate video and stills in every shot.
- 2.7" Widescreen LCD Display
- The 2.7" widescreen LCD display lets you compose your shots in the same aspect that your widescreen TV will play your footage back in. This LCD takes the guess work out of recording.
- Microphone Input
- Virtually extinct in the the consumer camcorder market the microphone input makes a comeback in the FS-100 for recording audio with an external mic for superb clarity.
- 1.07Mp CCD Image Sensor
- The 1.07Mp CCD image sensor captures beautiful images each and every time, providing you the shot you want in rich color and tone.
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) keeps your video steady and safe from the age-old problem of hand shake.