This EDIUS 4.5 Broadcast Video Editing Software with SP Capture Hardware from Grass Valley is a hardware and software editing bundle. It includes the EDIUS 4.5 Broadcast software and the EDIUS SP capture hardware.
EDISU 4.5 Broadcast is an NLE editing software suite designed for broadcast professionals. The software includes all the features of the EDIUS Pro software and adds support for Panasonic DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO P2, Varicam, and Sony XDCAM formats.
EDIUS features is a full-featured NLE software suite. It will allow you to convert different HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios and frame rates in realtime. An array of filters, keyers and transitions lets you refine and enhance video projects without the need for rendering. The software directly supports OHCI FireWire, as well as Canopus's range of realtime editing hardware cards such as the DVStorm and DVRaptor RT2 for accelerated realtime editing and analog connectivity.
- EDIUS SP Hardware
- The EDIUS SP hardware consists of two PCI expansion cards. The capture system features component, S-Video, and composite inputs for analog video capture and output. Audio can be input and output via balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA connections. The card also features FireWire and RS-422 options for deck control.
- HD Editing
- EDIUS allows you to edit DV content in HD resolution using automatic, realtime upscale conversion from SD to HD. This allows you to render graphics and effects in HD, improving their quality when downconverted for SD output. You can even export HDV content to hard disks or DVD-R without the need for an expensive HDV camera or deck.
- Mixed Format Timeline
- EDIUS supports a mixed format timeline that lets you work with multiple video formats in realtime. This lets you mix HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios and frame rates without the hassle of constant rendering. You'll even be able to playback DV output of effects, keyers, transitions and titles in realtime while you edit.
- High Quality Codec
- EDIUS is built around the Canopus HQ Codec. This has been designed in conjunction with Scalable Technology to deliver high image quality and performance for HD video. It provides superlative Luma and Chroma sampling and adjustable bitrates when encoding.
- Canopus Hardware Support
- EDIUS is compatible with realtime editing hardware by Canopus. This lets you add a DVStorm or DVRaptor RT2 for accelerated realtime DV editing and analog connectivity. It also supports devices that are compatible with FireWire connectivity for DV input and output.
- EDIUS Broadcast Format Support
- EDIUS Broadcast offers support for a variety of professional video formats from Panasonic and Sony. These formats include DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO HD, P2, and VariCam by Panasonic, and XDCAM by Sony.