The SKM185NI Stereo Matched Microphone Pair is a kit containing a stereo matched pair of the KM 185 NI microphones, a hypercardioid pattern, pressure gradient condenser microphone intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal. The KM 185 NI is powered via +48 Volt phantom power.
The stereo pair are matched in sensitivity and frequency response and provide optimum results when capturing performances or ambiance. The KM 185 NI is powered via +48 Volt phantom power. Its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 185 NIs provide attenuation at the off-axis sections of the mic, and are suitable for X,Y and ORTF stereo miking, announcer's mic for broadcast, spot capturing of drum overheads, strings, wind instruments, percussion, piano, and amp cabinets. The KM 185 NI handles sound pressure levels up to 142dB, allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
- Hypercardioid Polar Pattern
- The KM 185's hypercardioid polar pattern offers greater attenuation at the off-axis sections of the microphone, resulting in a tighter pattern with even less noise caused by ambiance.
- KM 100 Based Output Stage
- The KM 185 NI features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 185 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power, and its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 185 can handle sound pressure levels up to 142dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Nickel Finish
- The attractive nickel finish is non-reflective and makes the microphone pleasing to the eye as well as the ear.