Vocaloid 2 PRIMA from Zero-G and distributed by EastWest is a virtual female vocalist that functions as a VST instrument within any VSTi capable host software running under Windows XP/Vista. Based on research from Yamaha's Singing Synthesis Technology, Vocaloid 2 PRIMA can perform a wide range of singing techniques and sing virtually any word in English.
Since the virtual voice can be easily modified and shaped in many ways, the software is capable of soaring leads, harmonies or backing vocals or for experimental music where the composer wants a voice to do the humanly impossible.
The software comprises three parts - an editor, a lyric input interface and a real-time control interface. To create a vocal part, music and lyrics are entered into the editor. The data that was entered in the editor is then sent to the synthesis engine, which fetches what it needs from the phonetic and expression databases to synthesize the track.
- Virtual female vocalist
- The synthesis engine of VOCALOID 2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal
- Written lyrics can be assigned a note by the touch of a keyboard, allowing the user to "sing" using a keyboard
- PRIMA can sing any word from the English language (and other languages too with a little work)
- PRIMA will spread any sustained vowel (or voiced consonant) across as many notes as required, with perfect legato
- Note auditioning is achieved by simply pressing a key. The software assigns the pitch and lyrics to that key
- Users can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with the intuitive user interface
- Transparent Control Track allows for checking two parameters at once
- A choice of several different natural vibrato types is available