The Bogen Communications Automatic Failure Detector is designed to monitor and switch between a main and standby amplifier when the power amplifier's output drops by as little as 2dB (threshold is adjustable). The unit is most commonly found at the front-end of a public-address system with a dedicated emergency announcement amplifier.
- Automatically Engages Standby Amplifier
- The AFDS2 manages the Main and Standby amplifiers in an emergency announcement public-address system. When the main (or standby) amplifier's level drops, the AFDS2 will engage the secondary amplifier seamlessly.
- Adjustable Threshold
- The output level in which switching occurs is adjustable on the rear panel.
- Supervises Main and Standby Amplifier
- The AFDS2 sends an oscillator tone to both monitors and constantly monitors both.