Steiner's 8x30 Wildlife Pro CF Binocular is a super-premium porro prism model which, for the first time in over a decade, employs center focusing combined with Steiner's legendary porro prisms. You'll get the exceptional depth of focus from the Steiner porro design coupled with close focusing capacity that most roof prism models would envy, rendered in an earthy brown color which blends in with the landscape and can be discreetly used around animals.
The 8x30 Wildlife Pro CF housing's constructed from an evolved polycarbonate, which offers the longevity and robust nature of most metallic housings but in a package that shaves a large chunk off of the weight. This binocular is backed by a 30-year warranty; you should expect it to perform perfectly for decades. Steiner's 8x30 outlay has always been a hit with hunters and general nature/landscape observers due to its stocky dimensions and depth of focus, both of which contribute to an easier time holding the binocular than most medium-sized roof prism models. Now with center focusing, the birders can join the party.
Steiner's definition of waterproof is the toughest in the industry. The 8x30 Wildlife Pro CF is nitrogen purged, externally sealed, & individually submerged to assure its waterproofing. It is also tested to withstand a 70°F temperature change without internally fogging. They define the Wildlife Pro as 'mil-spec waterproof'.
- Steiner's exceptional depth of field porro prisms coupled with center focusing
- All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated
- Winged, soft wrap-around rubber eyecups
- BaK4 porro prisms with silver backing
- Outdoors-friendly natural brown armor won't reflect light or startle wildlife
- Exceptional close focus capacity of just 4.9' (1.5 m)
- Durable, light, and sophisticated polycarbonate housing
- Made in Germany