Adobe Audition 3 from Adobe is software for recording, mixing, editing and mastering audio and contains a full feature set to achieve those ends. The software provides an all-in-one tool set for professional audio production and is perfect for the sound designer, musician, recording engineer, mastering engineer, or other audio-centric professional.
Faster multi-track editing is possible by providing "click-and-drag" fade handles on multi-track clips and in the edit view. Free-form selection in the frequency space with the Effects Paintbrush allows the user to apply effects in varying degrees to that selection. The Spot Healing Brush smooths over selected regions and automatically repairs clicks, pops, and other noises.
A large selection of effects are available for all aspects of music creation and support for VSTi virtual instruments further enhances the usefulness of the software. Direct to CD burning is also provided.
Recording and Mixing
- Unlimited number of tracks in "Multitrack View"
- Files can be quickly edited together by dragging clips and controlling automatic cross-fades with on-clip handles
- Powerful low-latency mixing engine
- Recordable parameter automation allows the user to move volume, pan and effects controls while listening, and record the changes in real time. Changes appear as editable envelopes in the time-line
- Duplicate audio tracks
- Over fifty audio effects and DSP tools
- MIDI timecode (SMPTE/MTC) master or slave support allows for synchronizing audio playback with computers, video decks, or any hardware device that supports MTC
- Plug-in delay compensation
- Record up to eighty live inputs simultaneously in a multi-track session
Creation and Arrangement
- VSTi support. Record and edit MIDI in the piano roll editor
- Radius time stretching from iZotope can alter tempo without changing pitch, or change pitch without tempo distortion, using the high-quality time-stretch algorithm
- Analog-modeled guitar effects
- Video in Surround Encoder
- Flexible looping tools allow for quickly constructing high-quality music for songs or soundtracks. Loops automatically match global session tempo and key
- Includes approximately 5,000 performance-based, 32-bit royalty-free music loops in many styles
- Twenty royalty-free, ready-to-play music beds in 15- and 30-second lengths
- Beat detection finds and marks beats automatically making new loop file creation a snap. Greatly assists DJs and others who need to quickly match beats among multiple files
- MIDI files inserted into multi-track sessions play in sync with audio and video projects
Edit and Master
- Effects Paintbrush and Spot Healing Brush tool smooths over a selected region to automatically repair clicks, pops and other noises
- Automatic phase correction tool
- Adaptive Noise Reduction tool intelligently remove noise that changes over time, including whines, buzzes, colored noise from fans or airplanes, etc.
- Mastering effects provide everything from gain to reverb
- Spectral-frequency display tools and spectral pan and phase displays
- Integrated CD burning
- Delete Silence feature detects and removes silence between words or other sources
- Reduce or boost the vocal or instrumental portions of a track by isolating audio based on pan position or phase. Use this feature for powerful editing or to create a cappella or karaoke-ready tracks
- Group RMS normalization
- Broadcast Wave support
- High-quality sample rate conversions