The R-44 portable field recorder from Edirol/Roland is an ideal choice for videographers, musicians, sound designers, and more. The ultra-portable unit weighs under three pounds but packs a number of great features. Record up to four channels of linear PCM audio at a variety of bit rates and sampling frequencies; up to 24-bit/192kHz!
The recorder offers four XLR/TRS combo jack inputs for great versatility. The XLR connections have phantom power, allowing you to use your favorite condenser mic. The R-44 can record to widely-available SD or SDHC flash memory cards, making it easy to store and share your audio. Because there are no moving parts, the R-44 delivers silent, reliable operation that you can depend on.
In addition to the input connectors, the R-44 also offers built-in stereo microphones and monitor speakers, allowing you to record and play back audio without any additional equipment. What's more, is that the unit will operate for up to four hours on four AA batteries. You can also use the included AC adapter to use it via wall power.
Built-in effects include a three-band parametric EQ and a six-band graphic EQ, a noise gate, compressor, de-esser, limiter, and low-cut filter. A pre-record function keeps the R-44 listening at all times, so that when the record button is pressed, the previous few seconds of audio (selectable) are captured to your memory card.
The R-44 has an easy-to-use interface, complete with a high-contrast OLED display, perfect for viewing under any conditions. You can also capture up to eight channels of audio by linking two R-44 units together. A high-speed USB 2.0 port lets you transfer your audio files quickly to a Mac or PC.
- Compact and Portable
- Weighing under three pounds, it's easy to take the R-44 anywhere you like.
- Four Channels of Professional-Quality Audio
- Record up to four channels of audio at 16 or 24-bit, at sample rates from 44.1 to 192kHz.
- SD/SDHC Storage
- Your audio is recorded to widely-available SD or SDHC flash memory cards, which provide great reliability and silent operation.
- Versatile Connectivity
- Four XLR/TRS combo inputs allow you to connect a variety of microphones. Phantom power is provided for condenser mics. Four RCA phono jacks are provided for output connection, and a stereo headphone jack provides private monitoring.
- Built-In Mics and Speakers
- Built-in stereo mics and monitor speakers allow you to record and play back audio without attaching any external equipment.
- Power Options
- The R-44 can operate for up to four hours on four AA batteries. You can also use AC power with the included AC/DC adapter.
- Built-in Effects
- High-quality effects include a three-band parametric EQ, a six band graphic EQ, noise gate, compressor, de-esser, enhancer, limiter, and a low-cut filter. You can also sequence play along your play list.
- Intuitive Interface
- The simple interface makes it easy to record and play back audio. The bright OLED screen is viewable in practically any environment, and the high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to transfer audio quickly to your Mac or PC. You can automatically set the gain sensitivity as well as zoom out of the level meter for use with a micro display
- Record up to eight channels of audio by linking two R-44 units together.