The Nikon Coolpix S600 Digital Camera packs high performance and advanced functions into an ultra-compact body. The S600 boasts 10 effective megapixels of sharp resolution, and a 4x Wide Angle Zoom-NIKKOR lens with an equivalent focal length of 28 - 112mm (in 35mm terms). Plus the lens incorporates Nikon's acclaimed Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization, along with a Sensitivity equivalent to ISO 3200 to ensure that your photos will always look great - regardless of lighting conditions or subject movement. Furthermore the S600 is a high performance camera, boasting extraordinary speed with a start up time of just 0.7 seconds. Shutter response and autofocus speeds are also quick and responsive, ensuring that the camera is always ready to go. And all of these features are mediated by Nikon's innovative EXPEED image processing system which provides enhanced noise reduction and an improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
The Nikon S600 incorporates Nikon's user-friendly imaging innovations known as Nikon In-Camera Innovations. These include In-Camera Red-Eye Fix which automatically detects and corrects red eye, a common condition that occurs in flash photography, D-Lighting which compensates for excessive backlight or insufficient flash in images, and Face Priority AF which automatically finds and focuses on up to 12 people's faces within one frame, ensuring clear, crisp portraits. The S600 also includes Nikon's Coolpix Software Suite for organizing, editing and sharing your photos.
For capturing action shots or fast moving kids, the S600 adds an Active Child Mode to the camera's scene modes. This feature allows the user to select and frame his or her subject prior to shooting. If the subject moves, the camera will track and focus on the moving subject as you shoot for faster, more reassuring operation and sharper results. Additionally, the S600 features a Pastel Mode, which produces images with a beautiful watercolor effect.
The Coolpix S600 has a bright, high resolution 2.7-inch LCD monitor with an anti-reflective coating and a wide viewing angle, thereby easing the composition and viewing of photos even in direct sunlight. The quality-crafted aluminum body has a streamlined profile and a slim, ergonomic design that style-conscious photographers will love. The S600 is compatible with SDHC cards and utilizes the compact EN-EL10 rechargeable Li-ion battery so you'll have plenty of power for a day of picture taking.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With 10.0 million pixels of image information, the Nikon Coolpix S600 can produce stunning, photo quality prints up to poster sizes without any loss of image quality. The camera also records images in the 16:9 wide format aspect ratio so your images are well proportioned to be viewed on an HD Video Display
- 4x Wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR Lens
- The versatile, high-quality 4x wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR lens has an equivalent focal length in 35mm terms of 28 - 112mm and is ideal for everything from expansive landscape shots, to real estate photos, to intimate portraits. The high quality NIKKOR optics also allows macro shooting from as close as 1.2" (3cm) to your subject.
- Optical VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- The lens of the Coolpix S600 incorporates Nikon's optical lens shift VR (Vibration Reduction) system, which compensates for camera movements to produce sharper, steadier images. And because the VR system remains active whenever the camera is on, images also appear more stable on the LCD monitor, making it much easier to judge the right moment to take the shot.
- Slim, Stylish, All-Metal Design
- With a slim, sophisticated design this ultra-compact digital camera easily slips right into your shirt pocket or purse, and its good looks are complemented by incredible durability due to the all-metal casing.
- Movie and Voice Recording
- Shoot broadcast quality video clips in AVI Motion JPEG format with VGA resolution at 30 frames per second at a length that is only limited by the available space on the internal memory or your SD memory card.
- Light Sensitivity up to ISO 3200
- High light sensitivity up to ISO 3200 allows you to tackle scenes and situations that many compact cameras cannot, with the power to capture fast-moving objects with outstanding clarity and gives you great exposures in lower light.
- 15 Scene Modes
- The Coolpix S600 incorporates 15 scene modes that cover some of the more common difficult shooting situations to maximize the image quality. The scene modes automatically adjust focus, exposure, white balance and other settings to make getting a good exposure easy. There are also several color options including the unique Pastel Mode which creates a soft, impressionistic image when enabled.
- Active Child Mode
- The Active Child mode automatically tracks and focuses on the subject when the OK button is pressed, for carefree shooting with beautiful results. In Active Child mode, you simply frame and select your subject before shooting. The camera then tracks and focuses on that moving subject as you shoot for faster, more reassuring operation with clearer results.
- Nikon In-Camera Innovations
The Coolpix S600 features a selection of three innovative functions that provide the ability to actually improve the quality of images within the camera - these include Face-priority AF, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix and D-Lighting.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix
This Feature automatically fixes most instances of red-eye - right in the camera. Red-eye is commonly caused by the use of a built-in flash on a compact camera.
- Improved Face-Priority AF
The Nikon Face-Priority AF system automatically detects and achieves sharp focus on people's faces wherever they are in the frame for crisp, sharp portraits - and now it focuses on faces faster than ever. The feature can find and focus on up to 12 faces to ensure superb group portraits.
- Nikon D-Lighting
The Nikon D-Lighting feature can rescue underexposed images or shots taken with too much backlight by automatically creating a copy of the image, then brightening the dark areas in the picture, while the well-exposed areas are left completely untouched.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix
- Built-in and Expandable Memory
- The camera includes 45MB of built-in memory so you can begin taking shots immediately without having to purchase a memory card, and the memory capacity can be expanded dramatically with Secure digital (SD) or Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards.
- Fast Start-up
- The Coolpix S600 has been optimized for a fast start-up time of within 0.7 seconds and fast AF which frees you to capture special moments as you experience them.
- Bright 2.7-inch LCD Display
- The Coolpix S600 is equipped with a bright 2.7" LCD that is great for viewing images anywhere, anytime; plus with an anti-reflection coating and an impressive 170 degree wide viewing angle, it is easy to see the screen from any angle, even under bright lighting conditions.
- Auto Image Rotation
- The Auto Image Rotation feature detects pictures that have been taken with the camera held vertically and automatically rotates the image for in-camera LCD playback.
- Print Directly or Show Pictures on a TV
- You can send images directly to print, without the need of a PC, when using PictBridge and USB Direct Print compatible printers, or connect directly to your TV for family slide shows and presentations.