This 58mm #25 Red Filter from Tiffen is ideal for strong contrast improvement since it absorbs green and blue completely and enhances red. In addition to contrast control, red filters enhance skin tones, tonal corrections and are effective for more dramatic landscapes.
Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminum rings.
- Clouds are dramatically improved almost to the mood of a thunderstorm; darkens blue sky creating dramatic contrast between sky and clouds
- It is more effective in cutting through haze, and moonlight effects are easily accomplished; creates greater contrast between foliage and flowers
- It is also suited for infrared photography
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations. In this way, Tiffen can better control the various densities of their filters and thereby create more exact degrees of filtration
- Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty