The KX8 from Yamaha is velocity sensitive eighty-eight key keyboard controller that interfaces with a computer via USB, while providing advanced software integration and connectivity. The keyboard can be powered via the USB bus or using the included power adapter. The design philosophy of the keyboard is to provide an efficient environment that supports traditional music production workflow.
The keyboard features a large selection of drum, guitar, bass, keyboard and other musical phrases, minimizing the need for complex MIDI data programming on the part of the user. The built-in arpeggiator contains more than five-hundred pre-programmed phrases that can be triggered simply by holding the appropriate notes on the keyboard. This feature makes it easy to create background music for a home page, backing for solo practice, and much more.
Control templates for thirty different external software tone modules are built into the keyboard. Rotary controls, thirty-seven different buttons and transport controls allow comprehensive editing of the templates and the included Cubase AI4 software. MIDI I/O is included, as is an input jack for the optional sustain pedal.
- Keyboard controller with control capability that have been refined for optimum compatibility with DAW software, software-based tone modules from major manufacturers, and the work flow methodologies they involve
- Includes transport functions to control DAW recording and playback
- Built-in arpeggiator with more than five-hundred pre-programmed phrases
- Built-in control templates for thirty different software tone modules
- When using the included Cubase software, the appropriate control templates are automatically selected when switching tracks
- Keyboard response has been carefully "tuned" for optimum performance with software tone modules
- Keyboard velocity response can be adjusted in six steps to match a wide range of tone modules and sample players
- Compatible with USB bus power and can be used without the included power adaptor
- Expression pedal (not included) and external MIDI tone generator connectivity
- Includes Cubase AI4 software