The Fujifilm FinePix J50 Digital Camera is an affordable digital camera that incorporates an 8.2 Megapixel CCD sensor, a 2.7" LCD and a 5x Fujinon optical zoom lens (37 - 185mm equivalent focal length) - all in a compact body that is a mere 23mm thick. The camera includes some powerful features such as high ISO for shooting in low light, a movie mode that captures QVGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound, pre-programmed scene modes to provide top-quality photos in a wide-range of shooting conditions, and a long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shooting times.
The camera also includes Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Mode to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement - especially in low light settings - by automatically choosing the correct light sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed to freeze the action. The camera also provides versatility in regards to storage media with an xD/SD card compatible slot that accepts not only Fujifilm's xD-Picture cards but also Secure Digital(SD) cards and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards as well.
- 8.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With an impressive 8.0 megapixels of resolution, the FinePix J50 promises pictures that are sharp, clear, and vivid, perfect for enlarged display or printing.
- Fujinon 5x Zoom Lens
- The 5x optical zoom aspherical Fujinon lens system incorporated into the FinePix J50 provides high quality images with no optical distortions with a focal range equivalent of 37 - 185mm. The camera also has a 6.9x digital zoom that lets you get even closer with a combined zoom of over 34x.
- ISO 800 Sensitivity at Full Resolution
- The FinePix J50 features high sensitivity of up to 800 ISO at full resolution - combined with Fujfilm's advanced processor capabilities, shooting in low light environments with the J50 yields exceptional performance with less noise.
- Picture Stabilization/Anti-blur Mode
- The Picture Stabilization Mode (Anti-blur mode) automatically corrects for camera shake and subject blur by utilizing high ISO and fast shutter speeds, helping you to capture fleeting moments in crisp stop-action with background detail intact.
- Versatile Shooting Modes
- An extensive selection of pre-programmed shooting modes ensures great photos in various conditions, eliminating the need to fuss with camera settings while delivering optimum results.
- On-Screen Shooting Guide
- Featuring explanations for each shooting mode, scene position, and control setting, the easy-to-read icon-based interface is designed to take the guesswork out of selecting camera settings.
- Built-in Memory and Dual Media Slots
- The FinePix J50 includes 12MB of built-in memory so you'll be able to begin shooting, right out of the box. Plus the camera memory can be expanded to over 2GB with either xD-Picture card or the popular Secure Digital(SD) card and even higher capacities are possible with Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards.
- 2.7" High Resolution LCD Display
- The 2.7" high resolution LCD display lets you compose your photos with ease in all kinds of lighting conditions, and adds to the pleasure of sharing photo playback with family and friends.
- Stylish and Slim Design
- The FinePix J50 has been designed with style and practicality in mind, and the slim body is less than 23mm thick, so it easily fits in a purse or pocket.