PHAEDRA from Zero-G and distributed by EastWest is the creation of producer/musician Sam Spacey. Culled from his vast collection of analog synthesizers and meticulously sampled, the library represents a huge resource for 80s styled synthesizer sounds.
Although reminiscent of that age by virtue of the source instruments, the collection is not based on particular Electronic genre, and would lend itself well to any style of music. All the samples were taken raw from the analog synthesizers with no enhancement or EQ processing.
- Virtual instrument featuring sampled vintage analog synthesizers
- Over 4GB of sounds containing 20,000 samples and 720 patches
- Each note was individually sampled in most presets, virtually eliminating aliasing within a particular instrument's range
- Hand looped and hand edited, with loops being very long so as to extract the analog randomness magic
- Library can be controlled by external controllers with all parameters using smoothing to eliminate any stepping
- All the sound can be altered by either velocity, the modulation wheel or aftertouch
- All instruments have unlimited polyphony except for a selection of patches from synths that were originally monophonic and some bass sounds which have been programmed as monophonic. Polyphony can be increased if required
- Up to 64 instruments can be combined in a Multi giving a vast array of possible sound combinations
- Categories include Synth 1, Synth 2, Bass, Leads, Pads, Sequences, FX, D n'B, Synth Builder and Multis
- Includes a dedicated KONTAK 2 player that can function as either a plug-in, or standalone under Core Audio and ASIO
- Functions either RAM based or via Direct from Disk (DFD) streaming
- Suitable for all types of music that require genuine sounding analog synthesizer sounds