The Sachtler 2580 SYSTEM 25 PLUS Combi Pedestal System is designed with today's camera person using HTDV and Widescreen cameras in mind. The System 25P Pedestal system consists of the, Video 25 Plus fluid head with its seven step, temperature-independent damping system. This head is matched with the Combi compact pedestal for a complete package.
Video 25 Plus Fluid Head
- Frictionless Leak Proof Fluid Damping
- Frictionless leak proof fluid damping with seven levels of drag, for perfect pictures while panning, without jerks and vibrations. Identical across both horizontal and vertical planes, and allows complete disengagement of drag for fast panning.
- Quick Release
- Touch & Go Quick Release / Automatic Locking System, for quick set up without having to bother screwing the camera to head and then having to unscrew it again. Also features a safety lock lever that prevents inadvertent disengagement of the camera latch.
- Sliding Balance Plate
- Sliding camera mount and plate with a 4.4-inch sliding range, makes a fast balancing system for the camera and ensures perfect balance across the horizontal plane.
- Dynamic Counterbalancing System
- The 18 Step dynamic counterbalancing system, with 9-stage fine-tuning in half steps compensates for torques as the camera tilts. This prevents the camera from inadvertently tipping, and ensures that it is positioned securely at any tilt angle. These features can be activated and deactivated individually.
Combi Pedestal System
- Air Pressurized Pneumatic Column
- The pedestal is anchored by a pneumatic column. The system works on the principle of compressed air, which acts as a counterweight and allows for quick height adjustments.
- Easily Transportable
- When in its folded position, the unit can easily be carried by one person, making this pedestal truly a "go-anywhere" piece of equipment no camera operator should be without.
- Steering Ring
- Crab and steer movement is achieved by using the provided detachable Steering Ring. Toggle between one and three wheel controls with ease.
- Wheel Overload System
- Each wheel case has an overload protection mechanism, realigning the wheels again after just half a turn of the steering wheel. All bearings and guides are maintenance-free.