If you're searching for the finest quality high-definition video playback solution that will transform your room into a powerful home theater experience, look no further. The Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK DVD/VCR Combo Recorder combines functionality and versatility, with abilities to record your favorite home movies onto DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W and DVD-RAM discs with an extended (6-8 hr) EP recording mode. Your current DVD library will look and sound better than ever before, because this unit is a progressive scan player with an HDMI Simple Connection capable of upconverting your DVDs to a full 1080p high-definition experience.
Tune in and record your favorite shows with its ATSC (to DVD) and NTSC (to VCR) TV tuners. In addition, it features One-Touch Recording, DivX Home Theater Certified, Auto DVD Disc Finalizing, SD card slot, and a USB port. It offers connectivity to virtually any A/V source, HD component, optical digital-audio output, HDMI output, VIERALink Control, and 10-14 hour recording capability (DL EP Mode). Enjoy the flexibility of viewing either your VHS or multi-format DVDs, record DVD to VHS or vice-versa, watch still JPEG photos, or even listen to your favorite CDs or MP3 files. Your entertainment choices are endless with the Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK.
Note! As of 02/09, the VCR will require a digital-to-analog converter box to receive ATSC (digital TV) signals.
- High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- If you're looking to pump high-definition DVD playback into your HD displays or projectors, this recorder will do the job. It has a high-bandwidth processor capable of upconverting to 1080p through the HDMI output. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- Built-In ATSC and NTSC Tuner
- This unit features a built-in ATSC digital tuner for the DVD, and an NTSC analog tuner for the VCR. It offers the ability to record live broadcast events and your favorite TV shows.
- Progressive Scan
- This is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- High Resolution LP Recording Mode
- This DVD recorder offers twice the horizontal resolution (500 lines vs. the 250-line standard) of many other DVD recorders when recording in LP mode. You can fit up to four hours of recordings on one DVD (4.7GB capacity) and still enjoy the crisp, vibrant and exceptionally detailed images delivered by 500 lines of horizontal resolution.
- Connect this DVD recorder to your VIERA flat-panel HDTV via an HDMI cable and the TV channel setting information is automatically downloaded to the recorder. With VIERALink, you don't have to worry about setting the recorder to the right channel every time you want to record something.
- Built-In SD Slot and USB Port
- This DVD recorder is equipped with an SD Memory Card slot and USB port, which makes it easy to view photos from your digital camera. Just slip the SD card into the slot or use the cable to connect the camera to the USB port, and you're ready to enjoy a spectacular big-screen slide show with family and friends.
- DV (IEEE 1394) Input
- Just connect your digital video camera to the unit's DV front-input terminal, and you're ready to record images onto a DVD recordable disc.
- Super Multi-Format Player
- Don't worry about limited playback capabilities, this unit plays: DVD-Video, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW DL, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW DL, DVD-RAM, CD (CDDA), CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, JPEG HD.
- DivX Home Theater Certified
- DivX is video compression software which enables high quality video to be compressed into very small files then downloaded onto CD-R or CD-RW and played back with very little loss of quality.
- Recordable DVD Media
- Record your favorite shows onto DVD-R (DL), DVD-RW, DVD+R (DL), DVD+RW and DVD-RAM discs. It offers 4 recording modes: XP, SP, LP, and EP.
- High-Performance Outputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and an optical digital-audio output for high-quality audio playback.
- Dolby Digital and DTS Sound
- It offers built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced surround-sound processing.
- One Touch Recording
- One Touch Recording makes recording your favorite show simple. Just connect the DVD/VCR recorder to your cable or satellite box and you are set to record with the push of one button.
Note:This unit does not record digital TV to the VCR.