The Naturescapes SKM-II Skimmer Ground Pod II is a 10" round and 1.5" tall dish that is specifically designed as the ultimate support for ground-level bird and wildlife photography. With its unique circular design, it allows you to slide camera equipment in any direction on the ground, even through mud, sand, and grass. And your equipment stays clean and dry, even in up to an inch and a half of water.
The Skimmer's flat bottom allows it to slide and pan easily along the beach or mud without scooping up earth, protecting equipment from grit and moisture. The sides are turned out slightly to push sand and mud out and away, helping to keep debris from coming over the top. A protected area inside the plate can even be used to store teleconverters, extension tubes, and other incidentals for quick access while shooting.
The Skimmer's wide mounting surface can accommodate virtually any ballhead or gimbal-style head fitting a standard 3/8" tripod mount. It has been matched for use with low-profile lens feet when used with the Wimberley C-10, as well as for the Wimberley Gimbal Head II, without the need for modification or additional risers. However, an optional riser block fits perfectly and can be stacked when additional height is needed.
- Designed for ground level or off of a beanbag shooting with telephoto lenses
- Constructed with super heavy duty reinforced crush-proof injection molded plastic
- Heat and cold tolerant for use in any conditions
- Compatible with the Wimberley Gimbal and low profile lens feet without additional hardware needed
- Reinforced lanyard attachment point