RX from iZotope is a complete set of audio restoration tools that can function both as a plug-in or as a standalone application. RX is ideal for audio restoration and archiving, recording and mastering, broadcasting and podcasting, video production, forensics, and any application that demands spotless results and a truly complete range of restoration tools.
In addition to the usual noise and crackle removing tools that are available in other products of this type, the software provides a spectral repair module that is very capable of intelligently re-synthesizing corrupt or missing audio, and even recreating details like the vibrato on a singer's voice or changes in pitch. This last function is available in only a few other products that cost substantially more than the entire RX package.
RX's Denoiser uses techniques adapted from digital imaging to reduce artifacts introduced by noise suppression, leading to more natural results with fewer distracting artifacts. The Declipper uses advanced multi-band and multi-resolution processing techniques to achieve impressive results in saving what could otherwise be unusable distorted audio.
Note! The Spectral Repair plug-in is not a realtime plug-in, and therefore is not compatible with some hosts. These include Logic 7/8, Garageband, BIAS Peak, Ableton Live and Sony ACID. For these programs it is recommended to use the Spectral Repair module in the standalone version of RX.
- Complete standalone application designed for audio restoration
- Suppress broadband and tonal noise without the harsh artifacts of other solutions
- Clean up location recordings, phone interviews, studio background noise and more for broadcasting and podcasting
- Remove intermittent noises, corrupted intervals and gaps with Spectral Repair re-synthesis
- Eliminate overload distortion by automatically rebuilding clipped sections of audio
- Clean up hum and buzz caused by poor wiring and other electrical problems, particularly in recording and music production environments
- Remove impulse noises like clicks, crackles and pops, digital artifacts and more - perfect for restoration and archiving projects
- Innovative metering and the most advanced spectrogram display available provide greater visual details
- Select by time and frequency to isolate and repair noise with surgical precision
- Advanced noise reduction provides superior voice intelligibility for forensic research, while multi-resolution spectrogram shows more detail for improved visual analysis
- Save time by processing multiple settings in parallel, and revert to earlier settings with an undo history view