The JVC VN-V25U is a high performance network camera capable of delivering the quality and dependability expected in a commercial security environment. Its markedly compact profile makes it a particularly good choice for applications seeking effective yet minimally intrusive surveillance monitoring. Other important features include simultaneous MPEG-4/MJPEG video streaming for better data management, PoE for simplified installation and a Day/Night function to maintain optimum image quality 24 hours a day.
Note! Lens not included (C/CS mount)
- Compact Profile & Lightweight Body
- A smaller CCTV camera can be a considerable advantage, particularly so when the camera is used in sensitive security environments like hotels, casinos and museums. This camera is designed to be 20% smaller and 10% lighter than the average JVC box camera. The camera's small size will also help when trying to match it up with an outdoor housing.
- Built-In Setup & Viewing Software
- There's no need to install any additional software as the necessary configuration and viewing programs are already built into the camera. Users simply need to log on to a Windows Internet Explorer browser and all the required tools will appear on the screen. In addition to viewing camera images, users will also be able to grab snapshots of event images as well as program alarm notification over the network.
- 1/4" Progressive Scan CCD
- A 1/4" progressive scan CCD ensures flicker-free, noiseless images even when viewing fast moving objects and even when using an LCD/TFT monitor to display the images.
- Simultaneous MPEG-4/MJPEG Streaming
- Images can be captured simultaneously in both the MPEG-4 and MJPEG compression formats at full 30 FPS. This provides a user with better control over how video is distributed over a network. For example, users can choose to view images in the lower quality but faster MPEG-4 format to conserve network bandwidth, and at the same time send images to a recorder over the network in the slower but higher quality MJPEG codec for evidence purposes.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- PoE has the ability to transmit power to the camera over the same Ethernet cable used to send data to the camera. This means that camera installation is no longer limited to areas with a close proximity to an AC outlet, making it a significant time and cost saver.
- Backlight Compensation with Wide-D Function
- Wide-D function is similar to the common WDR feature in that it helps the camera cope with challenging lighting situations such as when the subject matter is being harshly lit from behind or when images contain both bright and dark areas within the same frame.
- Day/Night Feature
- Color video by day, B/W video by night is the camera's way of ensuring maximum image quality 24-hours a day. In B/W mode this camera is capable of producing visible images in light levels down to 0.4 lux.
- Optional Multi-Camera Recorder & Viewing Software
- Applications in need of recording capabilities, can purchase JVC's VR-N900U/1600U NVR and use it to record images for up to 9/16 IP cameras. Also available is JVC's VN-RS800U video management software, providing the ability to view and record up to 32 IP cameras over the network (JPEG stream only).