The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS20 Digital Camera provides easy and simple operation for users at every level of photographic expertise so that they can enjoy taking beautiful pictures. Despite its remarkably compact and slim body, the stylish DMC-FS20 provides an impressive 1/2.33-inch 10.1-megapixel High Resolution CCD to capture all of the exquisite detail of a scene, and its Wide Angle 4x Optical Zoom (30 - 120mm equivalent) Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens, permits you to easily capture a large group of people, or expansive architectural structures and landscapes with dynamic width and rich perspective.
The telephoto end of the camera's zoom can also be extended an additional 7.1x (when shooting 2.5 megapixel or less) with minimal loss of image quality thanks to the Extra Optical Zoom feature. There is also an Easy Zoom feature that shifts the lens instantly to full zoom at the touch of a button - great for quickly capturing sudden facial expressions or close-up action. The DMC-FS20 can also record WVGA (848 x 480) motion images at 30 fps for impressive viewing on a wide-screen HDTV display, in addition to standard VGA (640 x 480) & QVGA (320 x 240) options.
The DMC-FS20 features Panasonic's exclusive iA (Intelligent Auto) mode, which comprises 5 shooting-assist functions (Mega O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Detection and Quick AF functions), to get the best results from every shooting opportunity. Once you enter iA mode, these multi-capable functions engage simultaneously and automatically so you can shoot without the bother of adjusting settings every time conditions change, and you can enjoy the satisfaction that comes with capturing clear, beautiful images at all times.
All of these great automated features are driven by the latest high performance Venus Engine IV image processor, which also provides stunning responsiveness with fast burst capability (up to 6 fps) and an almost instantaneous shutter.
DMC-FS20 sports a large 3.0-inch high resolution LCD screen with the innovative Intelligent LCD function, which detects the ambient lighting condition and controls the brightness & contrast level of the LCD so that it is easy to view in any environment. Plus, the High Angle mode makes the LCD screen extremely easy to view when the camera is held high, such as when shooting over a crowd.
The camera's slideshow setting comes equipped with a musical option, allowing users to listen to music while viewing their images and giving emotional impact when desired. Altogether with its attractive metal finish, and sleek and stylish design, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS20 is a digital camera that you'll be happy to carry with you everywhere.
- 10.1 Megapixel Resolution
- With a resolution of 10.1 Megapixels, you'll be able to produce high resolution images that can yield photo quality 30 x 40" prints. The camera also has resolution options that are available in three different aspect ratios - 16:9 for displaying on a wide screen monitor or TV, 3:2 for making standard photo album prints, and 4:3 for more traditional image dimensions common in picture frames.
- 4x Optical Zoom Wide-angle Lens
- The 30mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens with 4x optical zoom takes wider shots than a typical Point-and-shoot camera - helpful in small rooms or crowded places, letting you fit more people into a group photo. There's also an Easy Zoom button on the camera top - just press it, and the optical zoom and Extra Optical Zoom instantly extend to full telescopic position. This quick zooming lets you catch even fleeting opportunities.
- High Sensitivity with Intelligent ISO Control
- The High Sensitivity mode increases the equivalent ISO sensitivity range of the camera to an incredible ISO 1600-6400 - making it possible to take sharp, blur-free shots of active children or pets even in indoor settings with limited light, or without a flash. The Intelligent ISO uses advanced subject-motion detection circuitry to sense when your subject is moving and raises the camera's ISO sensitivity and shutter speed settings accordingly. This suppresses motion blur and also makes it easy to shoot scenes with fast moving action.
- Intelligent Image Stabilizer
- Image blur is commonly caused by either movement of the camera or movement of the subject. Camera movement is corrected with the MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) feature which uses built-in gyro-sensors to detect the smallest camera movement and instantaneously shifts a lens element to compensate, giving you sharp, clear images without deterioration. Additionally, a Blur Indicator lets you confirm that the camera is precisely detecting and compensating for hand-shake and any motion blur.
- Face Detection for Superb Portraits
- The Face Detection function can detect up to 15 faces in a scene then automatically adjust the camera settings to make sure faces appear well-lit and in focus. This advanced technology will even automatically readjust the settings if the positions of the subjects change while you are framing the shot.
- Intelligent Scene Detection
- The Intelligent Scene Selector will sense the ambient conditions and automatically select either the Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode accordingly. With the camera choosing the settings for you, you'll get beautiful results every time you shoot, no matter what the scene or subject.
- Intelligent Auto Technology
- Just turn the dial to "iA" and say good-bye to complicated settings. The iA feature takes the four previously mentioned intelligent functions (Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Image Stabilizer, Face Detection and Intelligent Scene Detection) together to provide the best image possible. The camera will not only help eliminate blurring from hand-shake or subject movement, but it will also initialize the Face Detection system to detect up to 15 faces and automatically select the focus, exposure and scene modes for the best results. In fact, the Intelligent Auto Mode automatically begins focusing even before you press the shutter button, so you'll never miss a great shot.
- Super-Fast Shutter Response and Consecutive Shooting
- The DMC-FS20 is fast and responsive - thanks to the latest Venus Engine IV processor. The camera has an extremely fast shutter release time lag of 0.005 second, so you won't miss that "perfect" moment, while the time between shots is also very quick at 0.5 seconds (without flash). Furthermore, the advanced processor enables fast and unlimited continuous shooting, and the Hi-Speed Burst Mode provides a lightning-fast six shots per second at 2-megapixel resolution (with an aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9) or 2.5-megapixel resolution (3:2) mode, making it easier to catch the perfect action shot of a fast-moving subject.
- Simple Compact Design
- The DMC-FS20 is easy enough for anybody to use with its excellent ergonomic design and easy to use user interface that provides a minimal number of fine settings that need to be made with the cursor button, and its easy-to-understand settings menu.
- Record High Quality Moving Images
- Record beautiful full-size QuickTime Motion JPEG movies in 16:9 Wide VGA (WVGA) format at 30 fps or 10 fps with enhanced picture quality and brightness, and it can also shoot standard VGA and QVGA resolution for home use or e-mail/web applications. The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC Memory Card (Up to 2 GB per motion image recording).
- Function Button for Quick and Easy Setting Adjustment
- The Function Button provides a shortcut to frequently used menu settings - this single button lets you turn consecutive shooting on/off, make white balance adjustments, set the ISO sensitivity and image size, and select the compression format, while you continue to view your subject on the LCD.
- Built-in and Expandable Memory
- The camera includes 27MB of built-in memory, and the memory capacity can be expanded dramatically with Secure digital (SD) or Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like.
- Large 3.0" High-resolution Intelligent LCD
- The DMC-FS20 features a 3.0" high-resolution (230,000 pixels) LCD monitor that adjusts Brightness and Contrast levels automatically to match your surroundings as ambient light conditions change, so images are clear, bright and easy to see day or night, indoors or outdoors. There is also a High Angle mode that makes the LCD screen extremely easy to view when the camera is held high, such as when shooting over a crowd. The display also provides many shooting assist features such as guide lines for better image framing and a histogram function to check exposure on the fly.
- Extended Battery Life
- Incorporating the latest lithium-ion battery and the Venus Engine processor that consumes less power than previous processors, the DMC-FS20 provides impressive battery life so you can take approximately 310 pictures on a charge.
- Direct Printing Capability
- Simply connect the DMC-FS20 to a PictBridge compatible printer with the included USB cable, engage the direct print feature, and print directly - without the need for a computer The direct print feature allows you to select all images or just the images you like best, and even make multiple copies to share with family and friends.
- Other Unique Features
- The Panasonic DMC-FS20 features a variety of functions which expand convenience and fun for users at every stage. It incorporates a REC/PLAYBACK mode switch to instantly switch between recording and playback modes, while always knowing which mode the camera is in, a modified GUI (Graphic User Interface) with a more futuristic in terms of design and color, a total of 20 scene modes help you to take more beautiful pictures in a wide range of situations, and the Title Edit option which allows text to be input as additional information for the picture, for example, names of children or pets, and travel places. Plus, the features mentioned above can be quickly understood with the easy to follow on-camera Demo mode.