The Nikon 7x42 EDG is a sophisticated quadrangle construction with open bridge style binocular designed to satisfy the need of the demanding enthusiast. It is made of lightweight magnesium-alloy chassis and sleek-lined rubber-armored body to withstand nature's toughest conditions. The binocular features advanced multi-coated optics to increase light transmission and Nikon's Die-Electric Coated prisms to produce outstanding sharpness.
Thanks to the Nikon's exclusive and legendary ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses, chromatic aberration is indeed non-existent, and furthermore, the lenses enhance color fidelity. Its large 42mm objective lenses increase light gathering capability. The binocular is 100% waterproof and nitrogen-purged in a double-bridge housing to protect it against fogging during sudden temperature changes. It offers long eye-relief, which yields great comfort to all viewers including eyeglass wearers.
- Large center focus knob for precise focusing even when wearing gloves
- Dual focus knob with locking diopter adjustment and horn-shaped detachable eyecups favor eyeglass wearers
- 100% waterproof and fogproof - Water-tight seals for waterproofing keep water on the surface of the binoculars and away from the optics. Dry nitrogen filled to handle the toughest environmental conditions
- Double-bridge construction and nitrogen purging prevent internal fogging after sudden changes in temperature
- Quadrangle construction with open Bridge Design and Lighweight Magnesium alloy chassis for durability
- DIELECTRIC prism coating enhances image quality and maximum light transmission
- Phase correction coated prisms for detail resolution
- Nikon's proprietary ED Glass eliminates chromatic aberration
- Long eye relief with ratcheting eyecup adjustments for best comfort
- Thumb-position memory pads