The MG-450HD High-Definition Multimedia Center without Hard Drive from MediaGate is a media player that connects directly to your television set. It allows you to play back digitally encoded movies and music without the hassle of hooking your computer up to your home theater. The player features a wireless Ethernet interface, allowing you to stream media directly from your computer to your TV.
The player features a 3.5" SATA hard drive bay. This requires you to add your own drive for storage, making this an ideal solution for those who may already have a spare drive that they are not currently utilizing. The USB 2.0 connection allows you to easily transfer your digital media from your PC or Mac directly onto the drive. The MG-450HD supports resolutions of up to 1080p, making it a great choice for HDTV owners.
- Wi-Fi Media Streaming
- The player features an integrated 802.11b/g wireless Ethernet interface. This allows it to stream media from a PC or Mac. It also features a standard 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port to connect to computers that lack wireless network capabilities.
- Bring Your Own Storage
- The MG-450HD ships without a hard drive. This allows you to add your own internal 3.5" SATA drive. This is great for anyone who already has a spare hard drive or would like to customize the player's capacity to suit their individual needs.
- TV Output
- The player connects directly to your home theater system using either HDMI, composite (RCA), S-Video or component video. It features both standard RCA analog audio output as well as optical and coaxial digital output. This allows you to integrate it with your home theater system no matter how it is configured.
- Media Support
- The MG-450HD supports video, photo and music playback. It supports most popular file formats including AVI, DivX, XviD, MPEG, MP3, WMA and JPEG.
- Drag and Drop
- The player features a drag and drop interface for loading media. Because it supports FAT32 and NTFS file systems, your computer recognizes it as an external hard drive when connected via USB 2.0. Simply drag the files you want to load to the drive and you are done. Drives formatted via FAT32 can be used on Mac OS X systems.
- USB 2.0 and Network Connectivity
- The player easily connects to any computer with a USB 2.0 interface, making it easy to transfer your movies and songs. The player also features wireless 802.11b/g and wired LAN capabilities.