The Custom Brackets CB Gimbal Upgrade Kit provides the necessary components to convert the tilt-only CB Gimbal Basic model to the complete CB Gimbal equivalent.
The CB Gimbal is a gimbal-type tripod head that is similar to others in function, yet offers several innovative improvements. High-quality ball bearings used for the pan and tilt movement ensure smooth operation. This also means that the assembly never needs lubrication.
The CB Gimbal follows a modular design, meaning that it can be fully disassembled for travel purposes. A convenient setup/travel knob allows for easy locking of the lens (for when used during pan only operation). It can also be used to lock the swinging arm in place when traveling.
This Gimbal design with a horizontal swinging arm is especially useful for large telephoto lenses, like a 400mm f/2.8, 500mm f/4, or 600mm f/4 lens. It allows the entire weight of the camera and lens combination to be hung rather than balanced. By re-orienting the mounting clamp to a horizontal position (rather than vertical sidemount), it allows for a much easier way of installing the lens. In addition, it removes all the shear stress from the lens-collar on telephoto lenses.
- Arca-Type Quick Release System
- A lens-specific "lens plate" is required. You can use the GLM-1 plate (for 500mm & 600mm) or the GLM-2 plate (for 200mm, 300mm, 400mm lenses) offered by Custom Brackets. In addition, the Arca-Swiss type quick release base allows it to be used with any of the many "Arca-Swiss type" plates, available from Arca-Swiss, Foba, NPC, Novoflex, etc.
- Horizontal Lockout Knob
- The horizontal tilt motion can be locked out for complete safety. Whether for transporting over the shoulder, or for changing cameras without removing the lens, the lockout knob will stop the head from moving.
- Ergonomically Designed Knobs
- All knobs are aluminum and captive, leaving no chance of losing or breaking them.
- Panoramic Base
- The calibrated panoramic base of the head allows for easier use with stitching software.