PROGRESSION from NOTION Music is score generating and playback software for the guitar that includes numerous note-input methods and a built-in sound library. The software can be used for creating lead sheets for performing musicians, creating backing tracks for practice, or as a teaching tool for aspiring guitarists.
The included sound library includes electric and acoustic guitar, electric and upright bass, drum set, piano, clavinet and Fender Rhodes keyboard. An FX editor allows for sending tracks through numerous amplifier models, cabinets and digital effects including reverb, chorus and delay. The program also provides hosting for user VST effects.
The software also comes equipped with a built-in audio mixer, which provides the ability to adjust volume, panning and solo/mute of each individual instrument. Scores, sessions and individual instruments can be saved to WAV format files, complete with any custom mixer settings.
- Real sound samples from guitarist Neil Zaza and Victor and Roy "Futureman" Wooton
- Features acoustic and electric guitar, electric and upright bass, drum kit, grand and electric piano, and clavinet
- Tabulature and notation entry via keyboard and mouse, or MIDI guitar or keyboard entry
- Easy edit features include click and drag, note audition and simple deletion
- Real-time dynamic linking between tab and notation staves
- Allows tab and notation for additional stringed instruments like banjo and mandolin, and alternate tunings
- Interactive chord library
- Lead sheet capability
- Real-time tempo control with NTempo feature
- Integrated audio mixer with volume, panning and mute/solo controls
- Built-in guitar and bass amp simulator
- VST hosting capabilities
- MIDI file import and export
- WAV file export