The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9100 Large Format Printer provides professional functionality with the ability to print impressive, full-bleed color output at widths of up to 60", making it perfect for advertising, CAD, large-format photo printing, and even fine art reproduction. It has a high-speed throughput of up to 350 square feet per hour, and an 80GB hard drive built right in that aids in improving productivity by relieving the workload from the host PC.
The 12 color LUCIA pigment ink configuration helps increase print efficiency and creates dynamic colors and tones that are ideal for large format photographic printing applications, and offers excellent color fastness and stability with a remarkably wide color gamut. The ink formulation for Black, Matte Black, Gray, and Photo Gray reduces bronzing while providing stronger ink adhesion to the print media, resulting in better scratch resistance without the need for any additional protection or coatings. Furthermore, the imagePROGRAF iPF9100 has a built-in calibration feature and other advanced quality control functions such as the L-COA processor to deliver consistently superior results without sacrificing speed.
The imagePROGRAF iPF9100 has many features that appeal to the professional image maker, both with regard to creativity and cost effectiveness. Features such as automatic clogged nozzle detection and compensation, the availability of 330ml and 700ml ink tanks, and ink usage tracking help users keep an eye on the bottom line, while a large backlit LCD panel provides greater ease of use. Multiple media handling options and an impressive software suite allow users to expand their creativity with images. Furthermore, the impressive longevity of the prints (actual print life is dependent upon media and display environment) will lead to greater customer/end-user satisfaction when the printer is used in a commercial production environment.
- 12 Color LUCIA Ink Technology
- The innovative 12 color configuration is comprised of four standard process colors with Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta, plus Red, Green, Blue, Matte Black, Gray, and Photo Gray, to provide for a dynamic color gamut that delivers exceptional print results. Furthermore, the LUCIA inks have been specially formulated to reduce graininess and bronzing and resist scratching and fading. The Black, Matte Black, Gray, and Photo Gray optimize black ink density for exceptional monochrome photo-quality output.
- Advanced Dual Print Heads
- Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF9100 boasts Canon's dual print-head system that uses twin 1-inch iPF series print heads to lay down ink with high speed and accuracy. Unlike conventional printers with a single print head, the high-precision, high-density print heads provides a total of 30,720 nozzles that lay down precise 4 picoliter-size ink droplets to produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. An innovative ink channel configuration accelerates print efficiency by distributing the eight colors of ink reciprocally across the two print heads for better ink coverage with each pass.
- Automatic Switching of Black Inks
- The iPF9100 printer utilizes two different black ink formulations to maximize image quality. The Regular Black ink produces high-quality prints on photo glossy type media while the Matte Black ink exhibits high-contrast prints with deep black on media such as fine art paper. The printer is able to automatically switch between Regular Black and Matte Black at the time of printing. All that the user needs to do is choose the paper type and the iPF9100 will use the appropriate black ink.
- L-COA Print Controller
- The imagePROGRAF iPF9100 printer is built around Canon's innovative L-COA (Large-format printer Common Architecture) controller, a highly advanced system processor that dynamically optimizes output speed and print quality based on the type of image being printed and the media used. Combined with Canon's dual print-head system, the L-COA controller helps achieve impressive print speeds.
- Economy Print Mode
- The Economy Print Mode produces 1200 x 1200dpi output at 211'2/hr on coated and uncoated paper stocks while reducing ink consumption by 10-20%. This feature regulates the use of Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta inks to produce high quality output at a lower total cost.
- Built-In 80GB Hard Drive
- Increased hard drive storage space within the iPF9100 increases productivity by relieving workload from the host PC while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval. This 80GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mail boxes for easy access and printing.
- Built-In Calibration
- The iPF9100 printer is equipped with the ability to be easily reset back to the original optimal factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments across all the printer's media types in just minutes. This creates a stable and predictable printing platform on which superior results can be consistently achieved. The system has built-in calibration sensors that help compensate for adverse environmental conditions and help provide a predictable platform for color management and consistent color reproduction.
- Borderless Printing
- The imagePROGRAF iPF9100 printer can produce 4-sided edge-to-edge borderless prints, utilizing roll media of widths from 10-42" and the built-in paper cutter.
- Extensive Media Compatibility
- The imagePROGRAF iPF9100 is compatible with many different types of media including media for signage such as polypropylene, vinyl or Tyvek, photo and proofing papers such as Premium RC paper or heavyweight matte paper, plain papers such as bond paper and cover paper, even fine art papers and media such as Photo Rag, German Etching, Watercolor, and canvas cloth. Media can be loaded either from rolls with a core diameter of 2 or 3" (with optional 3" core roll holder), or you can feed individual cut sheets of paper. The media can also be quite thick with a maximum thickness of 0.8mm (31.4mil). The durable rotary cutter makes output from the printer easier to manage, and enables borderless printing with roll papers.
- Non-Firing Detection and Compensation Function
- The imagePROGRAF iPF9100 is capable of detecting clogged or non-firing nozzles; and when detected, a print head cleaning cycle is automatically executed. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF9100 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.
- Print Plug-In for Adobe Photoshop and Digital Photo Professional
- The included print plug-ins are export modules that bypass the operating-systems-dependent print driver allowing processing of 16-bit RGB images directly, which dramatically increases color gradations and as a result, improves overall image quality. Furthermore, these export print modules allow users to directly process and print RAW image files from DPP or Adobe Photoshop, and provide a full screen preview, more print quality selections, categorized paper type view, roll paper layout view, and bi-cubic enlargement.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- To help you save energy and money, while making a difference for the environment, Canon has partnered voluntarily with the EPA to design products that meet the high standards of its ENERGY STAR Program to promote the development and introduction of energy-efficient products to combat global warming and other environmental issues. Canon ENERGY STAR qualified home and office equipment uses half as much electricity as standard equipment yet costs the same as less energy-efficient models. As higher energy costs and global warming become more of a concern for consumers, Canon is committed to offering solutions that help customers save money, conserve energy and, improve the quality of our environment.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.