The PD606 from Fostex is a professional-level portable field recorder designed to offer terrific flexibility and outstanding sound quality. The recorder has direct recording of 24-bit/192kHz audio to the internal, user-serviceable hard drive, the DVD-RAM drive, or both at the same time. The PD606 allows you to record up to eight tracks simultaneously (six analog plus stereo mix tracks, or eight channels of digital), while a stereo bus output combined with six discrete XLR analog outputs provide eight simultaneous analog outputs.
Traditional analog-style controls give you precise, tactile control over the machine. This provides intuitive control over recording, routing, and mixing your audio. Battery life, an important aspect of portable recording, is covered by two standard V-mounts, which allow you to mount up to four cells. You can choose which battery pack is selected, or switch to external power.
Other useful features of the PD606 include a USB 2.0 port for fast data transfer to a computer, a 9-pin remote port for connecting an additional recorder, a fully-functional SMPTE timecode generator with jam sync to an external timecode, and available video, tri-level, and word sync.
- Rugged Construction
- Tough, durable construction for true professional field work.
- Pro-Quality Audio
- The unit records BWF files at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution with no compression.
- Flexible Recording
- Record to either the internal user-serviceable 80GB HDD, the DVD drive, or both simultaneously. You can even record across multiple hard drive partitions.
- Tactile Controls
- The recorder uses real knobs and buttons to provide intuitive control over recording, mixing and routing.
- Intelligent Battery Management
- Dual standard V-mounts are provided, allowing you to mount up to four cells. You can select from Battery 1, Battery 2, or external power. A smart function automatically switches which battery is in use when the level falls below a user-selectable level.
- Analog and Digital Connections
- Analog XLR inputs and outputs, as well as a digital AES/EBU I/O provide great connectivity options.
- USB 2.0
- A USB 2.0 port is provided for high-speed data transfer to your computer. A standard QWERTY keyboard can also be connected for editing file names.
- Timecode Options
- Highly-accurate ±1ppm timecode for recording and playback, with jam sync available. Also available are video, tri-level, and word sync.
- Automatic File Closing
- Every 60 seconds, the recorder automatically closes files, providing fast data recovery in the event of a power outage.
- The recorder is always actively listening while powered on, and offers up to 10 seconds of pre-record, ensuring that you never miss a priceless audio moment.
- A 9-pin remote connector lets you connect an additional recorder for simultaneous recording.