The Makeup Artist Handbook - This full-color and amply illustrated book is written for film, television, and theatre makeup artists who need to know the basics on how to accomplish flawless makeup applications. It begins with fundamental practices and continues through more complex techniques usually known only by Hollywood makeup artists.
Written by two expert authors who have experience doing makeup for television, commercials, and blockbuster films, readers will learn about beauty, time periods, black and white film, as well as cutting edge techniques such as airbrushing makeup for computer-generated movies, and makeup effects. High definition (HD) technology has revolutionized the techniques needed by makeup artists--you need to know more, have more talent, and be more detailed than ever before. Because HD emphasizes every detail on screen, it's essential for makeup artists to know how to achieve a desired "look" that fits the director's requirements.
This book will help professional and aspiring makeup artists to hone their craft in both conventional and HD techniques.
Audience: Aspiring or professional makeup artists in film, television and theater.
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- The Body
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Tech Stuff - Blue, Green ,White Screens, Monitors, Camera, Script Breakdown
- Chapter 6
- Foundations - Color Theory & Mixing, Skin Tones, Foundations, Concealers, High Lights & Contour, Blending
- Chapter 7
- Beauty and Basics - Natural, Spot Painting, Beauty, Brow Shaping, Glam, Eye Lashes, Men & Children, Covering Tattoos, 5 o'clock Shadow, Body Makeup, Sun Protection
- Chapter 8
- Design - Designing Looks, Blocking out Eye Brows, Face Lifts, Old Age Stipple, Temp. Tattoos, Contact Lens, Teeth, Bald Caps Chapter
- Chapter 9
- Hair - Lace pieces, Hand Laying
- Chapter 10
- Air Brush -
- Chapter 11
- Effects Prosthetics, Transfers, Mold making, Blood
- Chapter 12
- How to Be a Pro