Producing Great Sound for Film and Video - Make your film or video project sound as good as it looks with this complete training course by audio guru Jay Rose. You get hundreds of professional, real-world techniques that you can employ from preproduction through the final mix.
This is a solution-oriented guide with FAQs, how-tos, tips, and time savers. You'll get a primer on how sound and digital audio work as well as technical setups, guidelines, and real solutions.
Audience: Digital video professionals producing event, corporate, and broadcast pieces; filmmakers.
About the Author: Jay Rose is a nationally respected sound designer and consultant whose Clio- and Emmy-winning career has included program opens for NBC and sound design for MGM. Rose is a columnist for DV Magazine, and a popular lecturer at MacWorld, DV Expo, and other industry gatherings.
- Budgeting, scheduling, and pre-production planning
- Microphones and room acoustics
- Recording dialog, voice-overs, ADR, and effects
- Post-production hardware
- Levels and digitizing
- Working with music and sound effects
- Producing the final mix
- Information on the latest cameras and field recorders
- Choices between single- and double-system, and digital workflows
- The differences between traditional video soundtracks and dialog-driven storytelling.