The advent of high-quality, affordable home theater entertainment is at your fingertips with the Harman Kardon AVR-154 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver It offers 3-HDMI (V 1.3a) inputs with switching capabilities, 2-HD component (100MHz) inputs, 3-optical/3-coaxial digital audio inputs, and iPod connectivity it will take your home theater experience to new heights. Advanced Cirrus DSP (192KHz/24-bit) audio processing creates a wider, more enveloping surround sound experience; it's capable of decoding Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro-Logic II, and DTS.
Moreover, it presents superb functionality that will be hard to match at this price point. The AVR-154 features 5 x 30W (5-ch) surround sound, or 2 x 40W (2-ch) stereo sound. With an AM/FM tuner, 5.1-ch discrete audio input, heavy-duty color-coded binding posts, 6-in-1 programmable remote control, durable chassis, and connectivity to a variety of A/V sources, the AVR-154 answers the call with superb versatility and reliability.
- 3x HDMI (V 1.3a) Switching (Pass-Through)
- If you're looking to pump high-definition DVD playback into your HD displays or projectors, this receiver will do the job. It has a high-bandwidth processor capable of switching 3x HDMI 1080p (V 1.3a) input signals through 1x HDMI output. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- Advanced Cirrus DSP
- The Cirrus CS 49510 DSP chip is the backbone to the unit's exceptional multi-channel audio conversion. By executing an accurate sound-field reproduction and reducing analog noise in the signal path, it is capable of reproducing an enveloping audio signal that is unsurpassed.
- Exceptional Digital Surround-Sound
- It offers built-in Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS decoders capable of advanced 24-bit processing. The dynamic range of this system is so well balanced and matched, that the center, front and rear channels blend effortlessly into a surreal home theater experience.
- HD Component and Digital Audio
- With specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features (2) HD (100MHz) component video inputs, and (1) output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback. It achieves greater color accuracy and high resolution playback capability when connected via the component output to your projector, plasma and/or LCD/CRT televisions. In addition, enjoy (3) optical and (3) coaxial digital audio inputs for high quality audio reproduction. Simply put, your entertainment choices are endless with the AVR-154.
- Superior Sound Quality
- With a frequency response of 20Hz - 20KHz, dynamic power output of 5 x 30W, signal-to-noise ratio of 100dB, it can reproduce a full musical sound range from deep bass tones to ultra-high trumpet blasts.
- iPod Connectivity
- Simply connect your iPod via the rear panel mini-jack input, and your iPod or other portable audio devices effectively becomes another Harman Kardon component flowing through the receiver.
- 5.1-Channel Discrete Input
- This receiver features a convenient 5.1-channel discrete audio input for connectivity to additional multi-channel components. Front (Left, Center, Right), Rear (Surround Left & Right) and Subwoofer.
- Built-In AM/FM Tuner
- Enjoy your favorite radio broadcasts with surround sound processing, with the built-in AM/FM wide-band tuner.