The Yamaha MG166C is a versatile compact audio mixer designed for both project studio and live sound applications. The mixer features 16 total input channels with 1/4" TRS phone inputs on all channels and 10 XLR microphone inputs. Channels 1 through 10 are mono while 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 and 15/16 feature stereo paired 1/4" TRS phone inputs for connecting stereo devices such as keyboards, recorders etc. In addition, a built-in compressor is available on all mono channels for vocals, instruments, etc.
The MG166C provides plenty of routing possibilities with 1/4" TRS inserts on all mono channels. Inserts send signal to external signal processors and effects and allow the signal to be returned to the original channel. The stereo outputs can be grouped with the provided stereo group bus for a total of 4 output buses. Three-band EQ sections provide high pass filter and sweepable mid-range. All microphone inputs are capable of providing +48V phantom power. The MG166C is a suitable solution for project recording studios, video editing facilities, and live sound reinforcement.
- 16 Inputs
- The MG166C features a total of 16 line inputs via 1/4" TRS balanced Phone connections.
- Internal Effects
- Built-in Compressor
- A built-in compressor is featured on 6 of the mono channels for controlling vocal and instrument dynamics.
- 4 Stereo Inputs
- Input channels 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 and 15/16 are stereo paired for inputs, suitable for connecting playback devices or keyboards.
- High Quality Microphone Inputs
- 10 of the inputs feature high quality balanced XLR connections. The inputs are capable of +48V phantom power.
- 1/4" TRS phone connections are found on every microphone input allowing flexible signal routing to external processors.
- 4 Output Buses
- A Stereo Group bus output features a pair of 1/4" TRS phone outputs. The MG166C features a total of 4 buses when using stereo group and main stereo outputs simultaneously.
- Sweepable EQ Section
- All mono channels feature a 3-band EQ with sweepable mid-range and high pass filter.