The Canon PowerShot SD890 IS Digital Elph Digital Camera provides a 10.0 megapixel resolution and a surprisingly long 5x Optical Zoom lens with Canon's Optical Image Stabilization system that produces excellent image quality, even under low light shooting conditions.
The camera incorporates the exclusive DIGIC III image processor which offers impressive response times and also powers Canon's unique Face Detection and Noise Reduction Technologies, making it easier for users to capture sharp, well-exposed images in any shooting situation.
The 2.5" PureColor LCD display has a tough scratch-resistant and anti-reflective coating featuring Night Display for easy viewing in low light. Even with all of these premium features, and the 5x lens, the PowerShot SD890 IS Digital Elph is still incredibly slim, measuring about 1.1" deep.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- The 10.0 megapixel resolution of the SD890 IS Digital Elph ensures that images are captured with all the detail needed for large photo quality prints.
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- The genuine Canon 5x optical zoom lens on the SD890 produces images with all the clarity and brilliance you'd expect from a world leader in advanced optics technology. The 5x Zoom range can handle most typical shooting situations while the 4x digital zoom is included to get extra close with a combined zoom rage of 20x.
- Optical Image Stabilizer Technology
- The lens of the SD890 IS is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects for camera shake so you'll get steady, crisp, brilliant images - under just about any shooting conditions.
- Slim, Stylish Design
- The SD890 IS has an edgy, stylish design with gentle curved surfaces that fit comfortably in any hand, and the cool looking button configuration also provides for easy operability.
- DIGIC III Processor
- Delivering fast, responsive camera performance and superb image rendering, the DIGIC III processor also enables Canon's Face Detection Technology and Red-eye Correction to give you better, more true-to-life people shots. Furthermore, the processor incorporates iSAPS scene-recognition technology using an internal database of thousands of different photos to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
- Face Detection Technology
- Canon's powerful Face Detection Technology delivers impressive results - simply press the Shutter Button halfway down, and the camera automatically pinpoints the faces in the scene and chooses the ideal focus point. The camera controls exposure settings and flash to keep every face looking bright and natural. The SD890 IS also adds Face Detection White Balance - calculating white balance for the best possible skin tones. Furthermore, the Face Select and Track features lets the SD890 IS Digital ELPH user highlight one face among several in a scene, and the camera concentrates on that person, even as they move around the scene.
- Advanced Red-eye Correction
- Canon's Red-eye Correction system lets you handle Red-eye problems in two ways. The Red-eye Correction can be applied during shooting by using the Face Detection Technology to recognize and remove red-eye from flash images as they're taken, before the file is written to the memory card. It's also possible to correct red-eye during image playback, using simple settings in the cameras menu.
- High ISO to Reduce Image Blur and Expand Low-light Shooting
- The PowerShot SD890 features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings (equivalent to ISO 3200) that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, or when shooting fast-moving subjects, giving you greater flexibility for shooting.
- Motion Detection Technology
- Motion blur is dramatically reduced by Canon's Motion Detection Technology which automatically detects subject movement and optimizes exposure control and ISO settings to reduce image blur. This sophisticated feature works in the background to instantly evaluate how fast your subject is moving. Then it automatically selects and sets the optimal exposure and ISO settings to keep everything looking sharp and clear.
- Flexible Movie Mode
- You can select from VGA (640 x 480 pixels) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels), with frame rates of 30 fps and 15 fps for more typical movie recording. Fast Frame Rate recording shoots QVGA video at 60 fps for extremely smooth playback or for motion analysis. Compact Movie Mode records QQVGA (160 x 120 pixels) resolution at 15 fps for up to 3 minutes to send video by e-mail or put on a website. Finally, Time Lapse records VGA video (640 x 480) at 1 or 2 second intervals then plays back at 15 fps for beautiful fast motion.
- 17 Shooting Modes and My Colors Photo Effects
- The PowerShot SD890 has 17 easy-to-use shooting modes including a wide selection of Special Scene modes such as Portrait, Indoor and Night Snapshot, and you can quickly access these modes via the Touch Control Dial. The camera also includes My Colors photo effects which allow artistic photo effects to be applied in-camera both during and after shooting.
- High-resolution 2.5" PureColor LCD
- The 2.5" LCD screen provides vivid, high-resolution viewing and is protected by a scratch-resistant anti-reflection coating for easy on-camera viewing. Whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images, the PureColor LCD screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient.
- Easy, Flexible Direct Printing Options
- The Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the camera to a Canon Direct Photo Printer or PictBridge supported printer, press the Print/Share button and print. The Direct Print feature allows for image preview and editing (including cropping) on the camera when connected to a compatible printer. Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images directly to a computer (Windows).