The JVC HR-XVC12S DVD/VCR Combo Player is a quality DVD player and VCR recorder combo that offer great features at an affordable price. It features progressive scan, multi-format DVD playback capabilities (DVD-Video, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W), 4-Head VHS recorder with SQPB (S-VHS Quasi Playback), and Timer-Link recording capability. If your television or home theater projector is equipped with a component video input, you can take full advantage of the unit's component video output to enjoy images that look as good as they did on the big screen.
Though it's an excellent DVD player, it can also be used as a CD or MP3 player. You could actually use this unit to share your favorite songs and photos with friends and family. In addition, it has built-in Dolby Digital/DTS encoders, offering breath-taking surround sound and sonic realism to complement your DVD movie soundtracks. If you want a unified, stylish, and easy-to-use multi-format DVD player and VCR combo unit, look no further than the JVC HR-XVC12S.
Note! This unit does not have a TV tuner and records to VHS only.
- Progressive Scan
- This unit incorporates a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- High-End Outputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback.
- Multi-Format Capability
- This unit offers a full-range of playback capabilities for enjoying movies, music and images. It can playback DVD-Video, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and JPEG image files.
- One Touch VHS Recording
- This unit provides a simple and convenient way to make a recording. Simply connect the player to your cable or satellite box and then to your TV, and you're ready to record onto a VHS tape with the push of one button.
- Convenient Front-Panel Inputs
- With front A/V inputs, you can plug your accessories directly into the player without having to pull it out of your entertainment center and messing with the rear inputs.
- SQPB (S-VHS Quasi Playback)
- This unit allows playback of Super VHS tapes with regular VHS resolution in SP mode.