The Roland RD-300SX is an 88-key, professional portable digital piano and master controller. The unit's control surface offers a clean, ergonomic accessibility, with two-zone control with dedicated sliders, individual rotary knobs for the two-band EQ, and a variety of individual function buttons. Plus, at under 35 lbs in weight, the unit offers considerable portability for a full-sized keyboard.
The RD-300SX features Roland's proprietary Compact Progressive Hammer Action, with real hammers under the hood and a reduced weight of the keyboard mechanism, resulting in a realistic piano-like touch response with a somewhat lighter, faster action, and a lighter overall keyboard weight.
A single, dedicated button on the RD-300SX accesses Roland's flagship 88-note Stereo Grand Piano sample, a meticulously recorded sound from that company's Fantom Series library. The keyboard has an additional 64 MB of waveform memory, and a large, versatile collection of GM2 sounds, the combined palette ranging from cutting-edge techno to "meat-and-potatoes" drums, organs, and orchestral sounds. The quick-access, 32-patch setup mode enables the user to save, store and recall a variety of parameter changes and favorite sounds.
The RD-300SX with its light weight and fine sound, is a worthy choice as a stage solution for the busy gigging musician.
- Lightweight portable digital piano/master controller with 88 weighted-action keys and 128-voice polyphony
- Proprietary Compact Progressive Hammer Action design from Roland offers realistic piano-like touch response with real hammers, reduced-weight mechanism
- 88 individual-note stereo grand piano sample from Roland's flagship Fantom-X library for ultra-realistic piano sound
- 64 MB wave memory, comprehensive GM2 sound library for versatile complement of synth and acoustic sounds
- Simplified one-button Setup Mode with 32 patches for instant sound and keyboard setup recall; dedicated instant access button for 88-note Grand Piano sound
- Onboard effects include reverb, multi-effects, compression and 2-band EQ with dedicated knobs
- 2-Zone controller with dedicated sliders, pitch and modulation lever, Dual and Split keyboard modes
- USB Port and MIDI I/O for connection to computer or master control of modular MIDI rig