The Ultimate Scheduling & Budgeting Kit - Developing an effective schedule and budget is essential to achieving the director's vision with the available resources.
The Ultimate Scheduling & Budgeting Kit takes you through the complex world of creating an effective budget for your project. Learn how to raise money, develop business plans and approach investors. Once you have the money, learn how to spend it, manage it and save it.
Avoid common mistakes that cost filmmakers thousands of dollars, ways of cutting costs, tips and tricks to getting back on schedule if you fall behind, and hundreds of valuable techniques from working Hollywood pros.
The Ultimate Scheduling & Budgeting Kit features
- Emmy-Winning Executive Producer of Everybody Loves Raymond, Steve Skrovan
- 1st Assistant Director, Matthew Feitshans
- Emmy-winning writer/director Jason J. Tomaric
- Producer, Stephen R. Campanella
- 1st Assistant Director Julia Lennon
- DeWitt Stern Insurance expert Winnie Wong
Disc 1: Breaking Down the Script
- Once you receive the script, learn how to break it down, use scene breakdown forms and build the show bible.
- Budgeting the Movie
- Learn how to determine the cost of shooting, how to budget shots, scenes and days. Learn how to deal with budget overruns and manage the money throughout the shoot.
Disc 2: Scheduling Part 1
- Working Hollywood producers and 1st assistant directors walk you through every step of calculating the number of shooting days. Learn how to effectively use a strip board.
- Scheduling Part 2
- Learn valuable insight into developing an effective daily schedule. Avoid common traps that cost productions time and money.
Disc 3: Insurance
- Finally, a clear, easy-to-understand guide to movie insurance. Learn what's available, what you really need for you shoot and how to get it. Winnie Wong of DeWitt Stern, Los Angeles' largest insurance provider for the motion picture industry, walks you through everything you need to know about protecting yourself, the cast and crew, equipment, and locations from liability.
Disc 4: Forms and Templates - Copy these forms and use them on your own productions
- Crew Information Sheet, Crew Deal Memo, Day-out-of-Days, I-9 form, Petty Cash, Scene Breakdown sheet, Sample Lined Script, One-Line Schedule, Sample Scene Breakdowns, Basic Budget Template, Advanced Budget Template, Call Sheet (variation 1), Call Sheet (variation 2), Production Board, Shot List Template, Chubb Insurance Application, Insurance Coverage Definitions, Insurance Film Guide, St. Paul Production Insurance Application