The SpaceExplorer 3D Mouse from 3Dconnexion is a mouse designed to facilitate work with 3D software applications. Unlike a conventional mouse, which is limited to movement on two flat planes, this unit supports effortless motion in all directions. Simply push, pull, tilt, or twist the controller cap to simultaneously pan, zoom, and rotate 3D imagery on X, Y, and Z axes. This model also includes a contoured ergonomic base with a wrist guard.
Increasing or decreasing pressure with the controller determines the speed with which the mouse responds. Its small footprint is well suited for studio or mobile work and an included leather case helps protect the mouse during transport or storage.
It is compatible with most standard 3D applications and automatically recognizes such programs already loaded on your computer, including but not limited to Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, Solid Edge, UGS NX, and a host of other CAD and DCC applications.
This model includes (15) programmable function keys. When applications are pre-installed on your computer, the mouse will revert to default function configurations associated with each program. It is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows (2000, XP, Vista), UNIX/Linux, and Mac OS X (10.4.6 and later).
- True 3D Control
- Push, pull, tilt, or twist the controller cap to simultaneously pan, zoom, and rotate 3D imagery on X, Y, and Z axes.
- It includes a contoured ergonomic base with a wrist guard.
- The amount of pressure applied to the control knob determines the speed with which it responds.
- The unit's small footprint and included travel pouch make this solution well suited for mobile work.
- Programmable Functions
- You can program its (15) custom function buttons or associate the buttons with the default controls of the 3D application you are using.