The Samsung S860 Digital Camera is a user friendly point and-shoot digital camera with a compact and stylish design that features 8.1 megapixel resolution combined with a sharp 3x zoom SHD lens for stunning pictures. The camera also provides a number of useful features including Digital Image Stabilization (DIS) to help minimize the effect of camera shake and produce sharp, clear images, especially in low-light environments, and advanced automated features such as Face Detection, which can locate up to nine faces in a frame and automatically optimize focus and exposure to ensure best overall portrait and group shots possible, and the Self Portrait mode, which uses face detection to make taking self -portraits easier
For further convenience and ease of use, the S860 has been loaded with 11 scene modes to choose from, including Night, Portrait, Children, Landscape, Close-Up, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, and Self Portrait, so users of any skill level can capture the best image possible in any setting. The camera provides even further assistance by including a Function Description feature that automatically displays a brief and easy to understand description of each setting when scrolling through the cameras' menus, helping the end-user determine which setting is appropriate for their current shooting scenario.
After shooting, the "E" (Effect Key) button on the S860 provides the user the ability to quickly access special effect functions including color effects, highlight adjustments, photo frames and composite shot functions. Furthermore, the 2.4" Color LCD provides superb contrast and color reproduction for easy image framing, editing and reviewing.
- 8.1 Megapixel Resolution
- The Samsung S860 can produce images with 8.1 megapixels of resolution, enabling you to print detailed pictures at larger sizes - even poster size prints.
- 3x Optical Zoom Lens
- The high quality SHD Lens in the Samsung S860 Digital Camera provides 3x optical zoom, and produces images that are incredibly sharp and bright. The Camera is also capable of providing digital zoom up to 3x for a total combined zoom of 9x that will allow you to capture details from far away.
- Face Detection & Self Portrait Modes
- Face Detection technology makes taking pictures of family and friends a snap, as it detects up to nine faces and automatically adjusts focus and exposure to ensure better composition and image quality. Self Portrait mode is a unique functionality that takes the guessing out of taking a self portrait. By utilizing Face Detection technology, the S860 automatically detects the user's face, adjusts focus and exposure, and will only allow a photo to be taken if the subject is centered in the frame.
- Convenient Mode Dial
- The user-friendly mode dial makes it easier to get great shots of your subject by giving instant access to the appropriate mode for each individual situation. The Children mode, with its open aperture and fast shutter speeds, lets you "freeze" children and other subjects in fast-moving action shots, and the Night mode automatically uses the slow synchronization function to help you get clearer and brighter pictures at night. The Portrait mode delivers more realistic, flattering people shots with improved red-eye reduction.
- Movie Record Function
- The S860 records broadcast quality VGA resolution movies for home viewing and can record lower resolution video for internet use; plus you can even edit your movies right on the camera itself. Furthermore the camera includes a Movie Stabilizer function, which helps maintain steady recording, and a Successive Recording function that allows you to pause and resume video recording as desired and merge those multiple movies into a single file.
- Internal and Expandable Memory
- The camera is equipped with 11 megabytes of internal memory so there is no need for a memory card to take pictures. The camera memory is also expandable to much higher capacities using Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards (also compatible with MMC and SDHC cards).
- Ergonomic Design
- The user-friendly ergonomic body design delivers a comfortable and steady hold for better shots and better focus no matter where your subject is in the frame. Plus the various camera controls are arranged in a clear and intuitive manner.
- 2.4" LCD Display
- The Samsung S860 has a 2.4" LCD display that provides superb contrast and color reproduction, allowing you to enjoy a brighter and clearer image.
- Function Description Feature
- The cameras' Function Description feature automatically provides a brief and easy to understand description of each setting when scrolling through the cameras' menus to help you select the best setting for your particular shooting scenario.
- The "E" Button
- The Effects or "E" Button allows users to easily access a slew of creative effects that are available right in the camera. You can do basic editing functions like crop your image or adjust colors, use creative color effects like sepia or negative (inverted colors), or use one of the fun effect in the camera such as composite images or add photo frames that are appropriate for many occasions.
- Powered by common AA Batteries
- The camera is powered by common AA-size (LR6) batteries that can be purchased at any store, so you don't need to worry about running out of power or recharging batteries - simply get new ones locally. The camera also works incredibly well with cost effective rechargeable AA Size NiMH Batteries.
- Easy Print Button
- The S860 supports PictBridge Direct printing so you can print out beautiful images with out the need of a computer. Just connect the camera to a PictBrige compatible printer, press the illuminated print button and print. You can also use this button to transfer your images to a computer.