Photoshop CS3 Restoration and Retouching Bible - Written by Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert Mark Fitzgerald, this full-color book guides readers step by step through making the most of Photoshop's retouching tools. It carefully explains how to restore sepia-toned, black-and-white, and full-color photographs that have been damaged in a variety of manners.
About the Author: Mark Fitzgerald is a Photoshop teacher and consultant who specializes in helping professional photographers thrive in the digital age. He has taught hundreds of photographers how to smooth out their workflow and get the most from their important images - through private training, classes, and workshops.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert and an Adobe Certified Photoshop Instructor. He and his wife Julia (with their two dogs, Ruby and Hazel) live in Portland, Oregon, where Mark owns a consulting business called The Digital Darkroom.
- The training, tips, and techniques are ideal for everyone from amateur to professional photographers who want expert quality photo restorations and retouching
- Applicable to all versions of Adobe Photoshop, but takes specific advantage of the features in the CS3 version of Photoshop
- Part I: Digital Image Fundamentals
- Chapter 1: Adjusting Image Brightness and Contrast
- Chapter 2: Working with Color.
- Chapter 3: Understanding Raw and High-Bit Files
- Chapter 4: Working with Layers
- Chapter 5: Getting Organized
- Part II: Photoshop Tools and Techniques
- Chapter 6: Using Photoshop's Main Retouching Tools
- Chapter 7: Working with Selections
- Chapter 8: Creating Flexibility with Layer Masks
- Part III: Restoration - Rescuing Damaged Photos
- Chapter 9: Starting with the Scan
- Chapter 10: Solving Typical Repair Problems
- Chapter 11: Finishing Touches
- Chapter 12: Hands-on Restoration Project: The Complete Workflow
- Part IV: Retouching - Taking Images to the Next Level
- Chapter 13: Using Strategies for Success
- Chapter 14: Solving Special Portrait Retouching Problems
- Chapter 15: Hands-on Portrait Retouching Project: The Complete Workflow
- Chapter 16: Hands-on Architectural Retouching Project