The Hitachi HV-D27A is a professional grade imaging system consisting of an ultra compact, super high resolution camera head and a separate camera control unit (CCU). By having the control unit handle all picture processing functions, the camera can remain small and lightweight, enabling its placement in areas inaccessible to a larger or heavier camera. This makes it the ideal camera solution for medical, industrial, microscopic, experimental and similar specialized imaging applications.
Note: Connecting cable and lens (C mount) sold separately
- Single Chip VLSI
- All picture processing functions, from image capture to encoding, takes place within a single VLSI DSP semiconductor chip (3,000,000 gates) contained in the CCU. The result is improved performance and reliability as well as a significant decrease in power consumption.
- Auto Shading
- Auto Shading minimizes chromatic aberrations (color fringing at top and bottom of screen) caused by interactions between the lens and camera optics.
- Field on Demand
- An optional external trigger can be used to capture a single video frame in super high color resolution at a preset timing and exposure. This can be an important feature in medical or industrial applications needing to carefully analyze an image occurring at a particular moment. (External memory is required for continuous images)
- Color Correction (Masking)
- A six vector color corrector allows users to independently adjust the hue and saturation of the three primary and three supplementary colors. This is an important feature useful for precisely color matching multiple cameras or for highlighting certain parts of an image.