The AES16e-SRC from Lynx Studio Technology is a PCI Express card that provides up to sixteen channels of AES/EBU input and output to and from a computer. The card helps integrate digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters and hard disk recorders with computer-based workstations.
The AES16e supports the single-wire, 192kHz standard and is compatible with existing dual-wire AES/EBU devices. Up to four cards can be installed into a single computer and with the included digital software mixer, the AES16 can turn a computer into a powerful digital router or patchbay with extensive flexibility and minimal cabling.
Offering a solution for jitter problems in AES signals, the card incorporates SynchroLock technology that provides extreme jitter tolerance at all inputs. By coupling statistical analysis with low-noise clock generation techniques, SynchroLock is able to extract a very clean clock from AES signals affected by long cable lengths and other noise sources.
The AES16e-SRC provides sixteen channels of sample rate conversion, which may be switched on for any or all of the eight digital inputs.
Note! Requires two CBL-AES1604 cables (not included) for full sixteen channel operation
- PCI Express (PCIe) card that provides up to transformer-coupled sixteen-channels of AES/EBU digital input and output
- 24-bit/192kHz single-wire and dual-wire modes
- SynchroLock provides extreme jitter tolerance at all inputs
- Sixteen channels of mastering-quality sample rate conversion. Support for conversion ratios up to 16:1 with 144dB dynamic range and -140dB THD+N
- Wordclock and multi-card synchronization
- Multiple dither algorithms per channel
- Features a zero-latency on-board digital mixer which allows flexible patch-bay style routing and digital mixing
- Multi-channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OS X
- Low-latency drivers for Windows and Macintosh