The RangePlus Wireless Router from Linksys combines the functions of a Cable/DSL router, a wireless access point and a network storage server into one compact device. The router allows you to share your Internet connection between several computers that can connect via the 802.11g wireless protocol or via any of four wired RJ-45 Ethernet ports. The router is also fully backwards compatible with legacy 802.11b devices.
The router also features a firewall to protect you from malicious software that can attack your computer from the Internet, as well as wireless security to insure that your data remains private.
The router can achieve speeds of up to 54Mbps using 802.11g. It is also compatible with the legacy 11Mbps 802.11b standard. These features make the wireless router a great way to add wireless access to your home network.
- Wired and Wireless Connections
- In addition to providing wireless capabilities, the router has four standard 10/100Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet ports to allow you to connect computers and devices that do not have a wireless card installed. This gives you the ability to simply plug in your desktop computer to the router while accessing your network wirelessly via your laptop.
- Firewall and Network Security
- The router features a powerful firewall to help protect your computer against malicious attacks that often target computers connected to the Internet. Additionally the router features network security to protect your data as it is transmitted wirelessly, ensuring that outsiders can't access your private data.
- Extended Range
- The Linksys RangePlus technology gives the router a greater coverage area than a typical device. This is ideal for users who often deal with Wi-Fi dead spots in their home, or simply need extended coverage range.