The MC Mix from Euphonix is an eight-channel control surface that uses a 100 Mbs Ethernet EuCon connection to control audio/video applications running on Mac OS X or Windows 7 based computers. EuCon is a high-speed communication protocol and enables control of virtually every application feature with EuCon aware software. The control surface also supports the HUI and Mackie Control protocols, but with a slightly diminished level of integration.
Euphonix has long been a mainstay of high-end broadcast and audio production equipment and the MC Mix borrows many features from the Euphonix MC Pro and System 5-MC. The unit will work with up to three additional MC Mix units and/or one MC Control to create a larger, integrated system with up to thirty-six faders. The eight faders and rotary encoders enable fast access to pan, EQ and plug-ins with clear metering and info displays.
- EuCom based control surface in highly elegant form
- Controls a wide variety of applications dealing with music, audio post, video and film
- Supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols
- Eight 100mm motorized, touch-sensitive faders
- Record/automation keys
- Eight touch sensitive rotary controllers control plug-ins, EQs, panning, signal routing and more
- Transport controls
- Up to four MC Mix controllers and/or an MC Control can be linked for up to thirty-six faders
- Footswitch jack for punch in/out recording