The Link Electronic LEI-589 is a closed captioned decoder for a standard definition SDI system. This decoder is capable of accepting and displaying all standard closed caption formats.
- Extended Data Services is offered for such signals as "V-Chip" information.
- Data Channels
Nine standard data channels are supported by the LEI-589:
- Caption channels 1 through 4 (CC1- CC4)
- Text modes 1 through 4 (T1 through T4)
- Extended Data Services (XDS)
- SDI Video
- This unit will decode SDI video at a very high performance rate.
- NTSC or PAL
- A switch or the rear panel allows the user to select decoding data within the NTSC/525 or PAL/625 television system.
- This device is useful when a monitor without a Closed Caption decoder is used in broadcast monitoring.