This Ikelite compact mechanical underwater housing is designed for the JVC MG-530, MG-532 and MG-730 camcorders. The housing is molded in clear polycarbonate and includes an optical-glass lens port with a removable UR pro filter. Composition is easy with the camera's large viewing screen that can be seen easily through the housing back.
Your underwater video will always be better if you are very close to your subjects. That is why wide-angle lenses are important. With this housing you have three options for wide-angle. The housing port is threaded allowing the use of the optional #6420 Ikelite lens or any 67mm threaded wide-angle conversion lens. Or use the Raynox HD-5050 Pro high definition wide-angle lens on the camera. When using this lens an optional port is required. You can use dome port #9304. The dome corrects for underwater size distortion but does limit the camcorders zoom and limits macro. Or use flat port #9304.1. This port allows macro and full zoom but your subject looks closer and bigger then it actually is.
The housing is easy to use and will allow you to capture the moment underwater directly onto the camera's hard drive. The housing provides you with controls for all necessary functions including power on/off/mode control, record start-stop, zoom, program AE dial control , snapshot control and mode switch control. The housing is rated to a depth of up to 200'.
- Dependable mechanical controls are sealed with Quad-Ring seal glands
- Power on/off/mode control
- Record start-stop
- Program AE Dial Control
- Snapshot Control
- Mode Switch Control
- Lens Cover Control
- The camera's large viewing screen can be seen easily through the housing back
- Built from strong and corrosion-resistant clear polycarbonate injection-molded material, allowing visual inspection of the camcorder, control functions, and all sealing surfaces
- Camera Writes to Built-In Hard Drive
- Capture the moment underwater in video or digital stills directly onto the camera's hard drive
- Color Corrector Filter
- The UR/Pro color-correcting filter enhances the warm reds and oranges that are lost underwater. The filter secures to the outside of the port offering easy installation and removal. Provides quality results with available sunlight underwater to 80' depth.
- Quick-Release Base
- The quick-release base removes instantly for travelling