The Link Electronics IEC-788/R/SE is a Closed Caption decoder for the NTSC and PAL television systems. With this device data channels and text select are offered for user applications. The required input signal is composite or Y/C video with caption data on line 21. This model offers a copyguard decoder for DVD playback.
Note! The copyguard decoder is special order and is installed at the manufacturer
- Extended Data Services is offered for such signals as "V-Chip" information.
- Differential Input
- A complementary differential input amplifier assures high common mode rejection while its phase-linear keyer cleanly inserts decoded characters into the video image.
- Y/C Video
- This unit will decode Y/C video or composite according to the user's application.
- NTSC or PAL
- A switch or the rear panel allows the user to select decoding data within the NTSC or PAL television system.
- This device is useful when a monitor without a Closed Caption decoder is used in broadcast monitoring; this device can be mounted close to the monitor because of its compact size.
- Copy Guard
- A copy guard decoder is offered for the user's convenience; this operates via clamping circuitry.
- Basic remote capabilities are offered with contact closure on a mini-jack.