The Royer Labs R-122 is a studio ribbon microphone with an unusual quality. It is capable of -38dB output level and requires +48V phantom power, which enables the microphone to be connected to any amplifier with average gain. The R-122 delivers everything expected in a high-quality ribbon microphone without the fragile construction.
The 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon reproduces audio with a startling transparency and detail. Like most ribbon microphones, the R-122 features a figure-eight polar pattern for flexible microphone positioning. The R-122 boasts high SPL handling for close capturing of instrument cabinets, drums and other transient rich sources without noise and distortion.
- Phantom Powered for -38dB Output Level
- The R-122 capable of -38dB output level and requires +48V phantom power, which enables the microphone to be connected to any amplifier with average gain.
- Rugged Design
- The R-122 delivers all of the quality expected of a top ribbon microphone, without the sensitive construction. Royer Labs ensures that the R-122 will sustain the rigors of the recording industry with a lifetime warranty.
- Transparent Audio Reproduction
- The 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon reproduces audio with startling transparency for a life-like audio quality.
- High SPL Handling
- The R-122 boasts high SPL capability for close capturing of speaker cabinets, drums, percussion, brass, etc.