Advances in sensor and flash memory technology have allowed both cameras and recorders to be built progressively smaller and lighter. A micro video camera system has numerous uses in both security and non-security related applications. It can be used by security or law enforcement personnel in covert or portable surveillance applications, or mounted on a dashboard in a patrol car to record daily operations. It can also be worn on a helmet, making it a sure hit with race car drivers, snowboarders, skydivers, mountain bikers or anybody else looking to record the action from their point of view. Accounts of supreme athletic feats that up until now have been met with skepticism can now be backed up with cold hard video images with the SUV-Cam II from Elmo.
Note! SD/SDHC card sold separatley
- All-In-One Camera/Recorder System
- Video is recorded in the MPEG-4 compression format and is stored to an SD or SDHC card inserted in the recorder. Images can be played back right on the recorder's 2.2" color LCD screen or by transferring the SD/SDHC card to a PC where they can be viewed using Windows Media Player. Images can also be viewed on a large monitor by connecting the recorder to a TV via its A/V ports. The use of SD cards as a storage medium is a particularly good choice for this recorder given a flash memory drive's virtual immunity to shock and vibration.
- One-Push Recording
- When the action starts there is no time to fiddle around with menus and settings to get the system to start recording. At the crack of the starter pistol, a user simply needs to press the Start/Stop button once and the unit instantly goes into recording mode even if it's been turned off. There is also a 'hold' feature to prevent the 'stop' button from being accidentally pressed during intense or extreme movements.
- Waterproof Micro CCD Camera
- Not only is the camera ultra compact but it is also built of a tough metal waterproof material, able to withstand water pressure at depths up to 132' (40m). Pleasure divers and career marine biologists alike will appreciate the opportunity it presents for recording the wondrous sights and sounds under the sea. Users should note however that the recorder part of this system cannot be immersed in water.
- Stable Focusing Ring & Fixed White Balance Function
- The focusing ring on this camera was designed in such a way so that it won't become de-focused under most operating conditions. However, the manufacturer doesn't guarantee that the camera will remain focused in certain extreme circumstances. Additionally, this system enlists the aid of a sophisticated white balance function to ensure that your skies don't turn out green and your snow doesn't acquire a yellowish tinge.